"The Creation Adventure Team" LOL

by love11 53 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Anybody watch Veggie Tales? I find it funnier than SouthPark!

"And Moses said to Pharoah: "Let my Pickles GO!!'"

• love11
    love11

Ok get this... my daughter came home today from playing at their house and had alot of new info for me. Abby told her, "Why do you believe in evolution, don't you want to believe in the truth?.... My mom and dad said that your parents are bad because they believe in a lie".

Can you believe that one!!!!!?

Then the other day she sent home some literature with my daughter. I just want this to stop. I don't care if they believe god comes out of their butt, just leave me and my family alone! It's really too bad because my daughter likes playing over there, but she doesn't want to anymore because they keep shoving their religion down her throat. She said to Abby, " Why can't we just play, why do you always have to talk about god all of the time?"

My big problem with christianity is that if the only "proof" you have is from the bible, then that's not good enough for me.

The copies looked like it was copied out of some religious literature. The copies I gave her were from scientist.

Some of the things mentioned in her literature are below:

Evolutionist are bible rejecters

The reason why evolution is taught in school textbooks is because the are either misinformed or purposely trying to decieve you.

The supreme court did not rule that creation couldn't be taught in class, so you have the right to teach it if you want to.

There isn't really a seperation of church and state- that is a myth.

It is a radical, evolutionary based teaching that there was pre-adamite civilization.

The theory of evolution keeps people from being saved and therefore will be condemned to eternal hellfire.

The stars were made immediately for the purpose to light up our night sky. Scientist are brainwashed into believing how the speed of light works.

The canopy of water above the firmament told in the bible before the flood, is the reason why the animals were so big pre-flood and why after the flood life spans were drastically reduced because we no longer have that canopy protecting us from the harmful sun rays.

The geologic column only exists in books, not in the earth.

There are so many things wrong in this literature that it's laughable. I don't really care if they believe in this or not, I just want her to stop telling my children that their parents, toys, beliefs, or clothes are satanic, wrong, evil, and that were all going to hell unless we change.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

People are stupid and will choose to believe anything that is convienent for thier belief structures. Bleeech!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

love11,

this thread has been hilarious. one of my faves from your last installment was:

The stars were made immediately for the purpose to light up our night sky. Scientist are brainwashed into believing how the speed of light works.

brainwashed by whom? er..sorry, da DEBIL obviously. LOL

there are so many ways that you could have fun with those folks next door. but it's good you sent them those photocopies. of course they just used them as fire starter in the coal stove they use to heat their house with. ha ha...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

love11

They've crossed a line. They are telling your child that you are bad, for no reason other than their religious bigotry. Personally I would go and have a little word...

Personally speaking, unless that behaviour ceases immediately, I would not let a child of mine play there. Would you let her play there if they said black people were bad, and any one who disagreed with that was bad too?

• love11
    love11

Thank you so much for your responses, you made my day!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't looked on this site until today. Tuesday is finals! YAY!

Anyways, we were BBQ-ing outside the other day and my kids wanted to go play in their backyard. They have a privacy fence and from where my backyard is I can see the back steps of their house but not the backyard due to the fence. So my kids walked over there and Abby said that she couldn't play but never gave a reason but said that she could talk through the fence. The whole time they were talking, Mr. B was standing there on the steps listening to what they were saying. Now today, my kids went over there again and the kids can't play today.

So I don't know what's up with that, maybe they're afraid that my kids will try and influence their kids they way they tried to do with my kids.

My daughter has been telling me more and more things about those kids. She said that Abby was telling her about the dinosaurs still being alive today and my daughter said, " Will you still be my friend if I tell you that I don't believe that". Abby said no! Crazy huh!

It's really too bad because I've taught my kids to be respectful of all people and to be open and free-spirited. I told my kids when we first moved here that it's nice they have a friend, but there may come a day when people will judge you for not believing the way they do and if that happens just know that you are good people and loving towards all people, not just people like you. That's what makes you a better person than they are. It's too bad that day has come!

Maybe that's why I haven't told my kids to stop going over their house, because it's showing who is more forgiving, loving, and tolerant of other people. I don't want to be like them. And I know that my kids will not believe other people when they say, "Your parents are bad." My daughter and son have both stuck up for us and their beliefs/ non-beliefs. When Abby told my daughter that Pokemon was satanic, my daughter just said, "No it's not! If you think my toys are satanic then I'm leaving." LOL Plus it does add to the excitement. ;)

• love11
    love11

UPDATE!!! hehe

Guess who paid a visit to my door today?......Yep, they did. The whole family came over and said that they just wanted to stop by since tonight was reach out to your neighbor night at their church. The father handed me a pamphlet inviting me to their church. I accepted it and was nice to them. I told them that I hope they didn't think I was trying to change them by sending them the evolution papers, I just wanted to let them know where I stood on things. And I went into how I know how they are with their beliefs and I would never try and change that. So basically I did the neighborly thing and smoothed things over. The little girl just hung her head down in shame. I think we all know that look. I think they just wanted to see if I was as upset as they were, so now everything can get back to "normal". (I hope) They said that they figured I knew alot about the bible by the material I sent to them (?) Oh... and the pamplet is even cheesier than the jw pamphlets. For a minute there I thought that I was looking at a church in the appalachians or people from the 1800's.

All I can say is.... That's good for them!

But for me and my household, we're sooooo glad to not have to get up that early on a Sunday morning!

• JW83
    JW83

Hi Love11, I'm glad you guys worked it out - you were very mature about the whole thing! My bile was rising just listening to the rubbish they were spouting & trying to force on your family. The hellfire thing made me laugh, though! I guess scientists are dumb cos they haven't discovered hell yet, either!

There is no excuse for ignorance these days, though, & I feel sorry for those poor kids! I'd get them a copy of Bill Bryson's book 'a short history of nearly everything'. It is FANTASTIC for people who don't know much about science/evolution & is a pretty family-friendly author!

• Swan
    Swan

ROFLMAO!

This is the most funniest thing I've heard all week!

Do they have electricity in their house? Don't they realize that electricity travels at the speed of light. How does their TV work? How does their computer run? Or do all of the fixtures in their house just run ... very ... very ... sloooooow?

Actually, this could be a localized phenomenon at their house, kind of like near a black hole, which would explain why they are such dim bulbs! LOL!

Tammy

• love11
    love11

I told my kids that if they try and talk that way again, just tell them, "That's your belief, not mine." And if they try and press it further just come on home until their "zeal" runs it's course and then try it again another day.

They seemed to like that idea.

It's pretty weird looking at this religion from the outside. No wonder why people used to look at us weird when we came to the door. They aren't jw's, they are baptist, but still. I actually felt sorry for them, they looked rather pathetic standing there sweating in the sun with skirts and suits on. Even the baby had a suit on! I just hope that they either all stick together with this religion or they all leave together because we all know how it tears families apart.

Speaking of which.... as a side note to this story. My mom called me today. She's in town for an assembly. I haven't seen her in about 8 years I think, or talked to her in 6 years. She's never even met my son or seen pictures of what he looks like. She said that she will be in town for a month and wants to take me and my kids to the zoo. Just like that....... weird ......So I said yes, not because I want a relationship with her but because if she dies I don't want it on my conscience that I wasn't nice to her when she tried to make up. But it felt more like a distant aunt that I hadn't spoken to in 20 years inviting me to the zoo. (It's bizarre and refreshing how unemotional I was to her calling.) I didn't even recognize her voice, even after she told me who it was I still didn't recognize her. I guess it's been that long. So anyways, I think she's thinking that I'm supposed to be happy that she wants something to do with me now. The last time I talked to her it was more like yelling over the phone, spurting out all of my anger at her and the religion. Now I'm nonchalantly taking it all in. I don't care if she thinks that I'm meeting her for her benefit because it's really all about me. Why should I live with feeling bad the rest of my life for how I treated someone that was cruel and unloving to me. I'm giving her the guilt by showing up. Well... that's what's going on. I'll update when it all happens, maybe in a different thread though. Thanks for the feedback. Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit