no kids policy

by Daisymay 14 Replies latest social family

• larc
    larc

Waiting,

Dayuuum, if she tells you she doesn't know about it, she is lying through her teeth. Everyone in the 1940's knew about it.

(Dayuuum - meant to capture the southern pronounciation of Damn.)

• YHWHWho
    YHWHWho

I was recently thinking about this topic. I remember back in the 70's we were all encouraged to wait till the new system to have children. It's rather amusing to me that myself, both my sisters, as well as at least one of my cousins are grandparents today. Even more ironic is the fact that the four of us are a small percentage of the 45 or so children from this generation, who were JW's at the time, and yet we are the grandparents. None of our "worldly" cousins are grandparents.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

its rather amusing the Annuity fund began in 1998 along with the charitable contribution brochure.

how many years after 1975...........

S

• LDH
    LDH

Typical JW talk. Write an article, spend 10 words telling people It's their choice. Then spend 10,000 words telling people why they shouldn't.

They did the same thing with college, getting married, etc.

Lisa

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Funny thing....the Shakers have practically died out because they don't have kids...they just would adopt them.

I remeber talking to one brother while we were in field service one day about this issue. He and his wife had decided against having children before they got married, but about a year into their marriage she told him she had changed her mind. When he asked her, but what about we had decided before we got married? She told him that it would be bad enough that if one of them died they would not be married in the new system. Having a child together would be something that would create an eternal bond, even if one or both of them did not survive armageddon. He couldn't argue with that, and so they had a kid. I thought that was a pretty beautiful sentiment.

Then I asked him, but why did you have two? He said, "Well, it's not really fair to have just one. The kid needs a sibling!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit