Why do the English make fun of 'gingers'??

by Jez 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

It worked for Fergie

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hilarious mtbatoon

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Darn - you beat me to it Paulj with the yeah but no but!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am at least five generations away from my Scottish roots, but we still have vestiges of our culture here in Canada.

This one ignorant woman kept referring to my Irish-born co-worker as "That Scottish Woman". Both of us were offended beyond words. At least to my ears, there is a world of difference in accent and origin.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    The ginner thing is an Anglo Saxon thing because red hair would mark you out as having Irish or Scottish ancestry. An interesting fact is that in 18 th century when urine was a major source of ammonia for the textile industries, red haired gentlemen could charge twice as much for there output.

That gave me a chuckle...

And so did the red "hair down there" thing. If you only knew how often I get asked that. Seriously everybody wants to know. I get asked that by at least 2 drunken "chavs" a month.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Vicky Pollard.....

Social Worker: "So, where's your baby Vicky?"

Vicky: "Yeh but no but no but Carly found a pube in her lasagne, and Darren said he was gonna go to third base with Amber but that was RUBBAAASH and dont listen to Amber. I like Amber but she aint my friend so you better talk to Amber but I dont know her. Anyway, I dont know nuffin' so SHUT AAP!"

Social Worker: "All I want to know is Vicky is where your baby is...?"

Vicky: "Oh, I swapped it for a WestLife CD."

Social Worker: "OH MY GOD!!!! HOW COULD YOU?!?!"

Vicky: "I Know..... they're RUBBAAASH!!"

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thank you PaulJ - you've made my afternoon. Tonight I'm going to OD on Little Britain!

• logical
    logical

More to the point, why is it socially aceptable to put ginger people down based on the hair colour they were born with yet as soon as someone drops the N bomb they are evil?

More bullshit double standards. There is no difference between picking on gingers because of their hair colour and picking on black people because of their skin colour.

• Princess
    Princess
    why is it socially aceptable to put ginger people down based on the hair colour they were born with

Ginger people???!!! LMAO! Now I have a new name for my ENTIRE family (but mostly just my brothers).

Never heard them called "ginger".

Around here we have an organization called NAARP. National Association for the Advancement of Red haired People. So far we have four members, and a kick-ass college fund for the youngest two.

Rachel

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hmmmmm... having been out with three red-heads in a row... no, make that four... and at least one other red head somewhere else along the line... I obviously think red hair rules.

I also think the 'ginger' rubbish is largely school-boy humour, which stops the minute that boys realise red-headed girls are hot.

I think guys have to deal with it longer unless they have a dark-red thing going, on as light red hair can look dreadful when combined with very white skins, at least on men.

http://www.derm.med.ed.ac.uk/06_teaching/redhairgen.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

... and then of course you have freckles. I like freckles...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit