Why do the English make fun of 'gingers'??

by Jez 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

Is there any history/reasoning behind this? Were orange haired people thought to be from some tainted lineage?

Just curious Jez

• Ellie
    Ellie

The only reason I can think of is that ginger rhymes with minger, that seemed funny when I was at school.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I guess it's just making fun of an obvious difference, like shortness, wearing glasses, being Welsh, having a disability etc. Are we much worse than other nations then? Maybe because Scottish & Welsh people have a slightly higher birth rate for red-headedness? I don't know if that's even true.

However, let me tell you fellas, there are advantages to having a red-headed partner, if you see what I'm saying, eh, eh, you see what I'm saying, eh, eh, you catchin' my drift, eh, nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh

ig (of the "I got me a red-head" class)

• Gill
    Gill

I have a red haired son! Once he was ill and I took him to the doctors. The rest of my kids are blonde. The doctor said to me laughing, do you have a ginger milk man? My oldest son replied, 'No, but the post man's got red hair!'

If I hadn't been laughing so hard i would have smacked him!

• JV
    JV

On a slightly different note for all of you british folk out there, what's a chav?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi!

According to my eldest, a 'Chav' is a council house, adult vermin. They are a step backwards in evolution!

• Fe2O3Girl
  • Ellie
    Ellie

A chav is someone who is always on the take, picks up social security and never works, that kind of thing

• JV
    JV

Fe i've stumbled upon that website awhile ago it's pretty funny and pretty sad at times, what's going on over there?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi JV , What's going on over here is social security payments for people who are perfectly capable of working but are too lazy to go to work. If you have a child as well the government will bail you out constantly, hence the creation of a new underclass - the Chavs and their mates!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit