Harry Peloyan DEAD!

by cyberguy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

AlanF, thank you so very much for the information. Did you record and keep any of the "conversations"? They could be facinating fodder for transcription.

The couple of times I've bother to broach the hypocricies with unsuspecting JW's, the personal defensiveness and rudeness is just amazing! So I'm not at all surprised.

• VM44
    VM44

I checked yahoo people search for "Harry Peloyan" with no results. Same thing with the Social Security Death index, he is not listed thre yet.

His wife was listed in the SSDI:

ROSE M PELOYAN

Born: 07 Feb 1917

Died: 30 Jan 2005 (Verified)

Last residence: 11201 (Brooklyn, Kings, NY)

--VM44

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Alan for providing this information.

Both you and Barb have told me lots about this dude and his sidekick Ciro. And yes you had me busting out laughing too.

I look forward to hearing from the Andersons on this issue. I also wonder outloud if good old Ciro A. will take over for Harry.

Later

hawk

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Ahhh another grave we can all wizzzzzz on!

Bethel Cemetary- A grass free zone!

~Hill

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

They are all "do nothing" positions.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Alan,

He was extremely disappointed and angry about being passed over for the position of Governing Body Helper (Nethinim, Given One) in the early 1990s. Anderson told me that he just wandered the Bethel halls in a kind of stupor for several days, mumbling. GB member Lloyd Barry told him not to be so bothered, since his position as editor of Awake! was a truly important position, whereas being a GB helper was more of a do-nothing position.

The Governing Body has surrounded it self with those that want power and importance. They have to play one against the other. Lloyd Barry had to try and assuage the hurt feeling of Peloyan by appealing to his vanity of wanting to be important, and get him to stop sulking. It reminds me of the game "pick up sticks". Every time someone get promoted you have a lot of hurt feelings and you never know just what one wrong promotion can lead to, as far as resentment and and full blown enmity among so many ladder climbing higher ups at bethel.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Thanks AlanF, nice to get an inside scoop.

Dismembered

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Hard to believe that a "partial college education" is enough to catapult a person to the position of editor for a magazine with circulation over 20 million. On the other hand, considering the contents, maybe it's not so hard to belive after all.

• sf
  • steve2
    steve2

Thanks Alan for yuor firsthand account of meeting with the editor-in-chief. Very insightful. To think we looked up to these men. When all is said and done, they're really just like everyone else. It's their stuffy, hypocritical and arrogant claims to the contrary that make them stand out as truly reprehensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit