Personal Avatars

by RichieRich 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rich...I personally don't care for my own picture as an avatar. Nothing to hide at all (just check the "Post Your Picture" thread for my piccie), but I don't don't wanna see my own homely visage stuck onto every single one of my posts. What I do like is the ability to use avatars that illustrate some aspect of my personality.

Brooke....I have to say, you're a real knockout compared to Jessica. May those JSimp avatars be heretofore banished from JWD!!

kls....Whutayatalkin 'bout, Willis? Are you saying that the orange monkey's days are numbered?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Good call Rich, here's one of me at the Corona 'fest Sassy put on a while back, it's the most recent and a pretty good one as I was all laid back and enjoying myself.

You know, for me since I just walked away I had wanted to keep the doors open for a long time so as not to give any JWs potential reason to shun me, but frankly it's not like they've really been checking up on me a lot and there has certainly been no meaningful dialogue outside the occasional bump-ins and such. So actually if anything if they happen to find me here the posts I make will probably be more meaningful than the little pleasantries we exchange when we do see each other in person. After all it's up to them if they want to burn bridges!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

But I like mine the way it is...what if instead I just make myself look like my avatar?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey lilbit and marfromcali!

congrats! you guys look great! {two thumbs up!}

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wanderlustguy,

ya, but you have a kick a-- avatar!

• lilbit
    lilbit

yeah it make me nervous to put mine up. But if my parents are surfing sites like this then oh well. Im 25 for gods sake they can get over it.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Good for you Lilbit.

I do think people should do whatever they are comfortable with, but at this point I'm just like if you want to play the shunning game, that's your trip.

Really though, there is just no real way to convey all of what I would say to them in a short period of time even if they choose to listen, and frankly it's not easy to have a deep conversation with JWs anyway. Sitting down and having a serious talk with a friend is not making a call on them and leaving literature.

• kls
    kls
    Thanks for jacking the thread KLS and Brooke. Way to go.

now i will never come out and be human,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i lie

• kls
    kls
    kls....Whutayatalkin 'bout, Willis? Are you saying that the orange monkey's days are numbered?

No Leo, i can stand to be human for so long,,,,,,,,,i am a monkey ,,,,yippie!!!

I will come out soon for a while.

• lilbit
    lilbit

woo hoo I want to see the face behind the monkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit