Again, the Best Turkey Ever.

by JamesThomas 19 Replies latest social physical

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Like everyone this time of year when the weather is getting warm, thoughts turn to turkey.

I buy a small turkey around twelve pounds and do a high-heat Chef Marc turkey. But before I do that, I brine it over night in salt water, onions and herbs.

It's to die for.

OK, the kitchen gets unbearably hot for a while, but then you have all this wonderful moist turkey to make cold sandwiches with. Try it, and you will never cook a turkey the old way again.

j

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Be Still.. and buy a small Chef Marc turkey.

(haha, j/k JT, you the best!)

GBL

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That sounds good, but I havent used my oven in months . It is too hot , so I cook on top of the stove for short times, or use the crock pot.

Down here in Louisiana we like Cajun fried turkeys,,,,,,,,,,ummm umm good.

Cajun fried turkeys? I thought your choices were limited to "Wild Turkey" over there? BTW, say hello to your gobbler for me.

• kls
    kls

JT , i have read about about brining turkeys and was going to try it for Thanksgiving but was afraid because my turkeys are around 25 to 30 pds , yes i have lots of people over . You have me now wanting to try a smaller turkey soon and brining it and i think i will . : ) Yummy

• codeblue
    codeblue

Jt: That sounds really yummy!!!

Lyineyes: I only buy turkey breast because I hate cleaning up after a whole turkey. I put the seasoned turkey in a crock pot and it is done in about 4 hours!!! I don't stuff the turkey, cause I love my dressing recipe that I do in a cast iron skillet on top of the stove!!!

CodeBlue

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Kls, please be sure to check Chef Marc's site which I have hyper-linked.

You can cook a 12 pounder at 500 degrees in 2 hours. The outside is crispy and the inside is moist. It's kinda like deep fat frying in the oven, as you rub oil and herbs all over it before you put it in the oven -- the turkey, that is -- whatever else you rub oil and herbs on and stick somewhere is your own business.

j

• kls
    kls
    You can cook a 12 pounder at 500 degrees in 2 hours.

You gotta be kidding WOW !! I never heard this and now can't wait to try !!!!!!!!!!!

Chef Marcs site added to favorites and thanks !!! Really .

• kls
    kls

Don't baste a turkey ! Damn all these years i have been doing it wrong but no more !!!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I have to try this. Could you give the recipe for the salt water brine and what herbs?

Thanks,

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit