Elder Criticizes Going To Get Together If A Worldly Person Is There!

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am so sick of these "double standards"

I had a study back in the early 90's...she came to a few meetings. We became friends and I took her out to lunch. I figured, how else will she want to be a JW if she feels like she has no one to do things with? No elder counseled me.....

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Not being mean, just accurate! You must remember that the elders are the "Lords" over all that they wish to misuse and abuse and they have to answer to nobody. It is their way or the highway. They must have control and total enslavement and obedience. Besides, someone just might start to think for themselves and maybe, just might ask a "pointed" question and embarrass the "lofty ones."

KIM

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Sounds like they are circling the wagons. the last desperate defense, keep the ones they already have, by keeping them ignorant.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Loved this line:

"number of people are pissed that the uninvited man and his Witness family were hurt........"

This is somewhat new, maybe this will begin a trend. Then again with the Inquisition in full bloom, just hand out reproofs to the whole lot and that will give back control to the BOE. Beat up the flock and that will stop the bleeding. Piss off more people and that will improve the loyalty and morale. Sounds like the call for a congregation Special Talk on associations.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Like the Pharisees they became very obsessed with purity and separate themselves off. But Jesus did associate at times with the "sinners"

The problem is that the JWs don't act flexibly as christians but rigidly as Jews under the Mosaic law. Deviate a little to the left or the right and you are sanctioned.

• minimus
    minimus

All they do is give local needs on dating unbelievers and bad ass.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Elders and ministerial servants can sometimes help by getting to know the unbelieving husband on a social level. In this way he may see that Witnesses are normal, decent people with a wide range of interests

Now that is side splittingly funny! The witnesses are not normal by any crazy stretch of the imagination. Barely a day goes by where I don't recall some bizarre rule, habit or restriction from the bad ole days!

(crumpet teeters away swaying from side to side laughing hysterically - "NORMAL?!!!")

• wiegel
    wiegel

rules, rules, un-rules, rules - there is a principle or there isn't - jesus left us with 2 commandments trusting that we would use our god-given brains to work out the rest.....what a bunch of idiots! once i got into a discussion with an "elder" (i hate even using that word - meaningless) about "rules" etc and he said that people NEED to be told what to do, they can't decide for themselves - i was fading so fast at that point and that just added fuel to my fire. soon that is all that will be left - and how sad for them indeed.....

trudy

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Like the Pharisees they became very obsessed with purity and separate themselves off. But Jesus did associate at times with the "sinners"

How true! The WTS has rules for every little thing-and more rules to cover THOSE rules! It's hard to breathe when being a JW! Who was it that said "MY yoke is kindly and MY load is light"? And they claim they are footstep followers of Jesus?

HAH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit