Was John Denver the Anti-Christ?

by sixsixsixtynine 40 Replies latest jw friends

• bule
    bule

actually on the johnny carson thing i think one of his sisters or cousins or something is a wittness, funny thing i remember one of johhnys jokes about JWs he was giving a graduation address and said something to the effect

Remember this as you head out into life: Oppurtunity only Knocks once, therefore oppurtunity would make a bad Jehovahs Wittness

it was funnier when he said it but nonetheless it was cool

• JT
    JT

in my jw community we didn;t listen to JD music but we had our own rumor as well it was about earth wind and fire

they too were suppose to ask all jw to leave their shows as well, it was never true-it wqas always told by a CO or well known elder during a talk

so sad

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    in my jw community we didn;t listen to JD music but we had our own rumor as well it was about earth wind and fire
    they too were suppose to ask all jw to leave their shows as well, it was never true-it wqas always told by a CO or well known elder during a talk.

Yeah JT,

That rumor was real big here in western PA at that time. I think it was something about an illusion they used as a gimmick on stage. They supposedly said that it didn't work if JW's were in the audience.

Guess the demonz wouldn't work their magic if us Godly people were there!

HappyDad

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Rocky Mountain High... oh shit, too low! Pull up! Pull up!

He had a great and distinctive voice. There was another thread on this a few years back where bascially the JW-myth was determined to be bull.

But any religion that thinks being persecuted means they are right will clap with joy whenever they have another example of 'god's approval', even if it is bollocks.

• blondie
    blondie

JT, I forgot about the EWF rumor.

It's amazing how everyone who hears a story like this can't remember who told them but know the details.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I heard the rumours as well, when I was a kid. My understanding at the time was Denver was very patriotic, and being witnesses are not, that was his reason for not liking them.

Who knows what he did or didn't think. He was much more about peace than anything else.

I did go to his last concert tour, very enjoyable, and the witnesses were never brought up in any way shape or form. And he had 2 1/2 hours to do so if he really wanted to.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have heard to versions of this rumor...

1. He hated JWs and would kick the JWs out of his concerts.
    2. He loved JWs and would praise them at his concerts.

Bottom line: This is just more JW urban legend BS.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    is that Danny Haszard is a throughly demonized apostate cannibal.

I heard he breathes fire! and eats babies!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I heard he breathes fire! and eats babies!!

lol... not only that, he gets his babies my having orgies with smurfs!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    was about earth wind and fire

I've heard that.

Anyhow- its just 70s/80s music... who needs that when you have the intelligent minds od Eminem and Christina Aguilera?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit