2005 Convention Season - Let's Get 'em!

by EscapedLifer1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Ask Danny Hazzard, he'll make a company if he has to.

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Confession,

You may have a valid point about the second line, and toning it down a bit. I'll think about rewording it some. Like I mentioned in the outset, this is a first draft of the Press Release.

Thanks for your input!

Brandon

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Instead of protesting outside, I prefer to dress nicely (Jeans and button shirt) and attend the assembly to do some Anti-Witnessing.

JWs can't resist approaching me because I dress like an "interested worldly person". While chatting I will make subtle points about how I believe that one must respect everyone’s believes - even if they do not agree with mine. I like to point out how I admire the way the WTS has won so many court cases regarding freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Inevitably they get backing into a corner regarding the way they DF and shun anyone who believes anything different than what is taught by the WTS. [Oops!]

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

OK everyone,

here's the first test. A slightly revised version of the Press Release just went out to the following media outlets in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area:

WFAA Channel 8 News

KXAS Channel 5 News

CBS Channel 11

The Dallas Morning News newspaper

the Star-Telegram newspaper

Here's the revised Press Release, as distributed:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS RELEASE

Wednesday, June 1, 2005

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES DESCEND ON

THOUSANDS OF DEVOUT JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES FROM THE SURROUNDING AREA WILL BE MEETING AT THE FORT WORTH CONVENTION CENTER THIS WEEKEND.

, - For this one weekend, area Jehovah’s Witnesses will suspend the door to door proselytizing for which they are so well known, in order to meet together for a three day program of instruction prepared by the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in . This gathering is only one of two hundred twenty-seven (227) such conventions to be held this summer in the , with dozens more in countries around the world.

Few in the community at large know much about the beliefs and activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses, in spite of their well known evangelical activities to distribute the numerous books, magazines, pamphlets, and tracts they produce by the millions. Once informed of their beliefs, many view them as a high control group (sometimes referred to as a cult).

Their ranks have grown rapidly in the last few decades, in spite of the documentation of their failed prophecies, constantly changing Bible chronology, flip-flopping doctrinal changes, bizarre medical advice, and dogmatic teachings that many consider physically and emotionally harmful.

For further information on their beliefs and activities, please review the information provided by the following sources:

www.silentlambs.org A non-profit group dedicated to publicizing the widespread problem of child molestation within the Jehovah’s Witnesses religion, and their organizational procedures that, in effect, protect some molesters at the cost of the well being and protection of the victims. They are also dedicated to the wider societal issues regarding child molestation, including awareness programs, counseling and recovery for the victims.

quotes.watchtower.ca In a spirit of scholarship, research, and fairness this web site accurately documents the wide range of bizarre, and sometimes harmful, beliefs and doctrines of Jehovah’s Witnesses, by publishing nothing but direct quotes from their own publications, organized by topic.

www.freeminds.org A wealth of information on all aspects of the beliefs and activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE SCANDAL INVOLVING THE REGISTRATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES WITH THE UNITED NATIONS, AND WHY THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH THE UN IS AN EMBARASSING SCANDAL FOR THE RELIGION.

www.freedomofmind.com Web site of Steve Alan Hassan, cult counselor and mind control expert, renowned Nationally Certified Counselor and licensed Mental Health Counselor. He has identified and documented the common methods used by high control groups (cults) to recruit, indoctrinate, and control their members.

www.watchtowerinformationservice.org Another well organized documentation of all issues related to the Jehovah’s Witnesses community.

###

Well, lets see what happens. Anyone in the Dallas/FT Worth area, please grab a paper and/or watch the news this weekend.

Thanks,

Brandon

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Nice press release. You might want to copy-paste through Notepad and try it again, however. Your place-names have disappeared. I've had this happen to me. Microsoft Word inserts special tags around place names, and when you copy-paste directly onto this board, they don't work right.

Just a heads up.

SNG

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

seattleniceguy,

thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

Brandon

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So where do people from lower Michigan go? To Ohio or Indiana?

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

gratuitous bttt.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I second that gratuitous BTT

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

one last bttt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest