How many Remnant are left? Anyone know?

by Golden Girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi GG! The 2004 yearbook gives the number of the Remnant, partakers at the Memorial, 8,565. The 2005 yearbooks adds 5 more? 8,570. I remember Fred Franz saying, as of 1935, "No more additions o the remanant!" Only replacements! So, either they didn't count right the first time or 5 replacements came on board, meaning 5 were removed in 2004 for being unfaithful.

The number 8,000 has been holding for a number of years now. Recently some who have been born after 1935 were appointed to the Governing Body, who are all of the remnant. Go figure?

Blueblades

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    So, either they didn't count right the first time or 5 replacements came on board, meaning 5 were removed in 2004 for being unfaithful.

Except if there were 5 replacements, the total number would remain the same, as 5 would leave and 5 would take their place. There's no way to explain the increase unless the doors are still open, some partakers are lying or it's all a load of phooey.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Funky,Good observation!

• proplog2
    proplog2

How many of the "remnant" left?

ALL OF THEM!

That's why they're called "the REMNANT"!!!!!

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Hi GG! The 2004 yearbook gives the number of the Remnant, partakers at the Memorial, 8,565. The 2005 yearbooks adds 5 more? 8,570.

Interesting.. I was wondering how many partakers there would be in 2005. Shall we take a guess on the amount of partakers in 2006? I am guessing 8,568.

• blondie
    blondie

Based on this quote, not all of 8,000 plus are actually anointed.

w00 1/15 p. 13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth , the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.

*** w97 8/15 p. 15 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***

The number of genuine anointed sons of God surviving on earth is greatly diminished .
  • gringojj
    gringojj

I thought from a few wts things i had read that they were trying to transfer the fds class to be all publishers or something. Theres alot of talk still about the fds but not really abot who they are or how they got thier position. So it seems to me that they might just keep being vague on it and then just oneday start saying how the fds is spreading the news to all the lands. I dont know.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am still here!!Folks call me a remnant!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This is one of those things that I just shook my head at year after year. All of the crazy bullshit just brings you to a point as a dub where you know they have to be wrong, but you dislike yourself for realizing that. No wonder so many dubs are depressed.

GBL

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Do you want the Biblical answer or the Watchtower version?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit