How many Remnant are left? Anyone know?

by Golden Girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I was just reading something and got to wondering..does anyone know how many of the Remnant are left?

Isn't "The End" supposed to come when they are all gone?

And how can they be leading the Faithful and Discreet slave if they live in our area?

If they are gone..no more leadership and guidance from God right?

The JW's will always be having to "Replace" some of them if they want this charade to go on..right?

Snoozy... One of thoses "Thinking" nights...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Too many

• carla
    carla

I thought I read somewhere that there is another "class" (right word?) called the "chosen ones" for the gb when the annoying die off. At the other board only one person knew about this, but then we found a wt with the info. Sorry, I didn't save it. And don't remember all the details. Blondie? carla

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Carla:

I believe you are referring to the class known as the "given ones". I have a relative in Brooklyn who is one of those in the org.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

So they came up with the idea of "Given Ones" to buy them some more time?..Is that what you are saying..?

But...but...but..I thought they were lead by the "Annointed only?"..New light..again?

Snoozy...who's gotta see this one!

• talesin
    talesin

GG

Before I left, I knew one of the Remnant class,,, he was only 30 or so,, he would be in his early 60s now,,,

The "remnant" "chosen ones" whatever, are the 144,000 -- those who will go to heaven ... whatever !

tal

edit, actually, LittleToe would have insight on this ...

• carla
    carla

That's right! "given ones", funny now that I remember, the elder I talked to didn't even know what I was talking about. carla

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I heard (last week) that it isn't known if any of the Remnant will be alive at the time of ''The End'' - yet as a youngster I remember that THOSE still alive at the end would be whisked away to Heaven in the ''twinkling of an eye''. So the ''new thinking'' rather makes that Scripture redundant.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

When I was a JW from the late 50s on..they taught that Armageddon would come before they had all passed awy.(Remnant)..The only ones I knew about were all in their 70's and 80's..I figured that meant the time was really close.

Now I hear about a 30 year old?..in their 60's now?

It was explained to us that they knew they were annointed because they had "Heavenly hopes" instead of living on the earth.
    One of my JW girlfriends (Spiritually emotonal if you know what I mean) thought she was one.When she asked the brothers about this they said "If you have to ask you aren't one."

I think many get caught up in the emotions and think they are one. And I still think the WTBTS take advantage of this to "Buy time"...

Snoozy..of the I'll believe it when I see it class!

They better recruit some more 30 year olds...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I used to find it quite odd that in the early days, many from the same families would all claim to be of the Anointed .That in itself doesn't make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit