A drastic medical view

by Fatfreek 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• toladest
    toladest

Allen Bridgeman was truley one of the nicest and most caring witnesses I ever met. He helped my mom and my family in a real times of need. He even drove from Tennessee to Georgia to help tow my moms van back to Tennessee when it broke down in GA. I will never forget him......

• zulukai
    zulukai

I'm just boggled by the stories here! How sad and tragic for all concerned! :-( When I was a dub I never knew of the early Borg teachings about weird health ideas, but I did run into a few people whose bizzare beliefs left me wondering if they were alright upstairs. I didn't know they had gotten this nonsense from the early WTBTS crappola however, One guy I met through friends after my first husband died, was into the enema thing. "You know where you can shove that!" says I as I bolted for the exit, never to return. Imagine, this was supposed to turn me on I guess...interesting approach...what do you talk about after that information?.. I know there are several alternative health approaches out there. As an RN I've seen plenty of it among patients and have no objection to letting them believe what they want. But one tragic story interestingly enough concerned a JW woman I personally knew before I left that nutbar religion. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and took it upon herself to treat it with the weird ideas she got from some "alternative" pseudo-medical approach, refused all medical intervention and advice and died a horrible death, leaving behind a husband and two children. These people were the epitome of ignorant and both of them were obstructive and vicious to the nursing staff. So vicious in fact that they never got the same nurse twice because no one could take their abuse for long. I refused to be assigned to her for the obvious reason that I knew her, but mainly because of them being JWs. I have no time for them at any level. They almost without exception regard the entire medical world as a bunch of transfusion happy anti-christs. They ought to get over themselves, plenty of other religions have treatment restrictions too, and Jdubs are not the only people refusing blood tranfusions. I've seen people knowingly refuse any more medical treatments for certain conditions and go home to die. We do have that right to choose. That information regarding the early WTBTS "health" information was very enlightening..if I had known a whole lot more about that phoney baloney religion I doubt I would have joined it.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

I just dug this one out of the archives it's worth posting again

• millie210
    millie210

This is just incredible to read, thank you E.E.

In addition to the fads and religious/health dogma the JWs have imposed over the years I would add the Rhogam phase.

Woman after woman crying helplessly as her body aborted (miscarried) because she was not allowed to have an injection that would have made everything ok...

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

My maternal grandmother was also a product of the 1930's Watchtower Society. She maintained many of these strange ideas, and passed them down to my mother. Multi-phobic is how I would describe it, with a deep distrust of medical doctors, vaccines, prescription medicines, fear of germs, contamination, etc. My guess would be that the Golden Age magazine, under the editorial direction of C.J. Woodworth, is the source of almost all of this dysfunction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit