"Vindication," New Light

by Maximus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MDS
    MDS

Hi Max:

I found a couple of additional, interesting renderings of Ezekiel 36:23 which also employs the expression: "Vindication of God's Name."

"And I WILL VINDICATE THE HOLINESS OF MY GREAT NAME which has been profaned among the nations..." -- New American Standard

Also,

"I WILL VINDICATE MY GREAT NAME, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD, says the LORD GOD, when, through you, I VINDICATE MY HOLINESS before their eyes." -- The Modern Language Bible

The Vindication of God's Name is a clear-cut issue, always paramount in importance and unequalled in significance, in the eyes of Almighty God. There is no issue, Biblically-speaking really, quite like it. Reading the Bible objectively makes that point clear.

As you stated, for many years the WTS has held that point up high and endorsed this position to the world in general. At least, until May 1995, when the "new light" came in the form of the Watchtower Magazine. Now, the "Vindication of God's Great Name" is no longer the issue. Of course, this "teaching" is in total contradiction to God's Word itself, as demonstated above.

The "Vindication of God's Name" is the primary and main focal point of the Bible itself. It is rudimentary, elementary, fundamental and thus most critical to one first coming to understand God's Word and His purposes for us today. Any novice of Bible study must first come to realize this point, before he can began to "grow" spiritually to spiritual "adulthood" and maturity.

Therefore, if there ever was a "proof", some discernable "evidence" that one could direct another to, to demonstrate or show the spiritual "fall" of the WTS and Governing Body, this would be it. Clearly, the WTS and the Governing Body have completely lost Jehovah's Spirit, based upon this "new light" they are now teaching the congregations world-wide.

God had blinded them from seeing the most important Bible issue of our time. -- John 12:40

In keeping with His Own righteous standards, Jehovah and Jesus have "removed" the Watchtower Society's spiritual "lampstand from its place." They can no longer bear any "light" nor provide true spiritual enlightenment for those seeking their aid, at all for Jehovah and Jesus anymore. -- Rev. 2:5

As Jesus said,

"Every branch in me not bearing fruit HE TAKES AWAY,..." -- John 15:2

This is what has happened to the WTS and the Governing Body. Jehovah has "taken them away," spiritually-speaking. They have lost His blessing and spirit, as evidenced by what they write of recent in the publications now as "new light," as well as their horrendous conduct with the "Silent-Lambs" situation, and other devious matters of their doing that have now become "public knowledge." It is clear-cut. -- Ezekiel 36:3, 12-14

Peace,

MDS

• wasasister
    wasasister

OK, Max...
    I'm not as concered with the content or ultimate meaning of this thread so much as the fact that someone can use the term...

"pithily states"

...in a sentence. You want to get married? What's that? Your wife says no? Oh, well...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey, c'mon Wasa, every post I have ever done fairly screams "pithily states". In an implied sorta way, I mean. Wouldn't want to be soooo obvious like Max here.

The Pithily States are the group of small countries just to the north of S Africa, aren't they?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Maximus:

JWs really hate popery.

I feel that this needs qualification. IMO the JWs LOVE Popery; they just hate it in any other religion! LOL

• joelbear
    joelbear

i like the popery with blue flowers in it.

but seriously folks,

I always understood the issue was Jehovah's "right to rule", he created us, he has the right to rule us as he sees fit and his ways are always correct.

Adam and Eve rebelled against this concept, wanting to see for themselves and decide for themselves what was good and what was bad.

Satan upped the anty with Job, saying that people only did what god wanted them to do for the reward involved, not because he really had a right to rule them.

Jehovah's servants through the ages supposedly proved he has this right by obeying him simply because he was god, not because of any reward of punishment. Of course, reward and/or punishment were always in play, the flood, leprosy for Miriam, manna turning into worms, earth swallowing people, victories or defeats in wars, etc. etc. etc., so its hard to distinguish just who served god because they wanted to and who served him for reward or avoidance of punishment.

I doubt that most witnesses today see their behavior as taking a position on one side of the other of this argument. Most, I would wager, say, they serve god because they want to live in the new system. Even You Know and other's constant obsession with "the end" proves that its the ripe reward that keeps them going, not the innate "rightness" of god's be able to rule their lives.

snugs

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit