Saddest cartoon episode?

by Simon 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

Our kids love the Simpsons and Futurama but one episode of Futurama is just soooo sad, I can barely watch it - it brings a lump to my throat every time!

The one with Seymour, Fry's fossilised dog that the professor is going to bring back to life. He decides not to do it because he thinks Seymour lived a full life after he got frozen and will have forgotten him.

Instead, the dog sat waiting for him all those years ...

The music, the story ... oh, it's too much.

Anyone seen it?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about when Apu lost his Quickie Mart and he says, "Who needs that Quickie Mart? I do."

I could hardly keep it together when I see that.

LOL

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I nearly cried during the episode of Ren and Stimpy when stimpy lost his fart . I've never told anyone that until now.

GBL

• Eric
    Eric

The emotional agony Stimpy endured...so poignant.

Reminded me of Bambi, safe from the fire, but now all on his own.

>sniff<

Eric

• heathen
    heathen

I think when optimus prime died in the transformer movie ................ waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL or the part where wyle coyote falls off the cliff and the anvil knocks him into the ground ........ ohhhhhhh nooooooooooooo

• Gill
    Gill

I've got a feeling the cartoon was Peter the Gnome.

We'd watched the whole series then....Peter's wife dies ...... and then Peter dies......

Then at the end both Peter and his wife have turned into trees and are standing next to eachother, smiling forever......

I was too upset to go to the meeting that Sunday....

God! I'm crying now!

I know it's not a cartoon but my oldest son, twenty years old, can't watch Lassie films, even now without crying and sobbing through the whole thing.....

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I've seen that Futurama episode with Fry's dog. I loved what professor said when he jabbed a syringe into the dog: "You see, beneath the fossil's crunchy, mineral shell, there's still a creamy core of dog nougat!"

• Preston
    Preston

Yes Simon,

I remember that, that was a surprisngly sad episode...

I liked watching Grendel, Grendel, Grendel when I was a kid. i thought the monster (voiced by Peter Ustinov) was a tragic sad figure.

- Preston

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    I've seen that Futurama episode with Fry's dog. I loved what professor said when he jabbed a syringe into the dog: "You see, beneath the fossil's crunchy, mineral shell, there's still a creamy core of dog nougat!"

ROFL!!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It had me in tears!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit