Aussies Who Missed The Sunday Program...

by Stephanus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Great show. I think the WTS putting that elder out there to dry was poor form (doubtless he's accountable for his actions though). Where was Viv? Gward... hearing that bloody accent of his again was cringe making... and hearing them singing that song... can't remember which one, but we sang it all the time.

But what's happened to dress standards in the JW's? :-) They looked badly turned out...

• duckie
    duckie

Here is a bit of the transcript for this morning's program, it is just sicking, these "elders" the "christian congregation" should be held accountable!!! They should be made to pay!

Graham Davis is the programs interviewer:

GRAHAM DAVIS: Whether or not the congregation here has been told Dennis Evans is a convicted paedophile, we can't establish. But, on previous form, probably not. For parents are sometimes kept in the dark even while their children continue to be molested. We'll call her Lyn. She's a mother whose son was being interfered with. The molester confessed to church leaders. She wasn't told. How do you feel about the fact that the elders didn't tell you?

'LYN': They knew that he was coming to my home. They knew what he had been doing to my child.

GRAHAM DAVIS: And in fact he says in this correspondence, doesn't he, "I told the elder what I did to Bo." There's proof ...

'LYN': Yes.

GRAHAM DAVIS: ... that they knew.

'LYN': Yes.

GRAHAM DAVIS: And they didn't tell you.

'LYN': No.

GRAHAM DAVIS: Do you regard that as a betrayal of the trust that you had in them as elders?

'LYN': Absolutely.

Unbelivable!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Does anyone know if this is on NZ Sky News Aus NZ at 3.30pm NZ time?

http://www.skytv.co.nz/guide_popup.cfm?starttime=15:30&date=29-May-2005&genre=

• ozziepost
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Does anyone know if this is on NZ Sky News Aus NZ at 3.30pm NZ time?

Dunno. Not long now - it's on in about 5 minutes here. I suggest all who are able to watch it do so, as a transcript can hardly capture the true power of the emotion in this documentary.

Interestingly, Sky News on their hourly news update had a segment that basically was a short recap of the Sunday segment. It'll be interesting to see how the Tower bears up to this!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It'll be interesting to see how the Tower bears up to this!

Don't hold your breath, Steph!

BTW thanks so much for this thread........just what we needed! And the R&F too who would've been at their Kingdom Halls like last time.

Cheers my friend, Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    And the R&F too who would've been at their Kingdom Halls like last time.

True. But the article will probably have impact in the door-to-door work over coming weeks. And even if the Dubs try to counter with the "these are disfellowshipped apostates" schtick, that was mentioned in the article too.

The fact that congregations have been named and shamed too, should help. Maybe the Dubs were all at the KH, but was every relative, friend, co-worker and business contact? Surely the names of those paedophile will be whispered in those areas. One has to wonder what kind of a congregation Cooma is, or how thick the elders there are; how many times does lightning have to strike before you wake up to the fact that there's a storm going on??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

Cooma has been a trouble spot for the WTS in Oz over many years and they've sent MTS graduates there over the years to try to dilute the wacky local elders!

For our Nth American and European friends, Cooma is a country town near the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales.

Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Cooma is a country town near the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales.

Whose main industry is the local prison, IIRC. Sad to see the KH being so public-spirited in supporting the local enterprise!.

Cooma has been a trouble spot for the WTS in Oz over many ears and they've sent MTS graduates there over the years to try to dilute the wacky local elders!

Who'd a thunk it?

• vitty
    vitty

I have just read part of the transcript. I was wondering if ordinary ppl will grasp what the programe was trying to say.

Was it made clear enough that they were discouraged from going to the police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit