Banning Alcohol

by moanzy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• skin
    skin

Could'nt do that, nobody would be left

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum Skin, perhaps you can start a thread to introduce yourself,it will be great for people to know that you are a new member here.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Moanzy

Thats a great point. Even if they stopped short of a total ban but really came out against, that would be more honest & consistent with their policies on smoking & drugs.

Warm Welcome to Skin.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Drunkards will not inherit God's Kingdom, 1Cor.6:10. How many drinks does it take to get drunk? If alcoholism is a disease, then this writer of 1Cor. should add that all people with a disease will not inherit God's Kingdom. You will be allowed to enter Bethel where coffee and alcohol are the two legal dopes of the am. and pm. and sometimes in - between.

If either one of these were to be banned, there would be a mass exodus.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Jesus DID turn that water into wine - so he MUST have approved of drinking (whew - I can see this as a future WT/Awake article)

Answering Readers' Questions. ''I know several JW's who get completely ratted on a weekend. I know it's NOT unscriptual to drink as Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding, but is excessive drinking Christian?''

Answer, ''As explained in Matthew 2, ''Every other man puts out the fine wine first, and when people are intoxicated, the inferior''. As we can see from this Scripture, it is NORMAL practice to serve ''fine wine'' early in the evening, and anti-freeze later (when everyone is too Brahms to notice).

• skyman
    skyman

I live in a part of the world where there is alot of native people living. I see alcoholism daily the misuse of alcohol is probable the worst plague an area like this can have. My wife works with the families that alcohol destroys. So I have allways wondered why the bible allows alcohol. This actually make me not trust the Bible as much as I would if it was not allowed. I wonder the logic behind the use. My mother in law has ruined our family a few time because if her drinking. But she is scriptually OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit