Compulsory I.D cards in 2008

by Ramblin_rose 27 Replies latest social current

• Gill
    Gill

LOL!

Jesus, Christianity and Revelations, ID Cards, The Mark of the Wild Beast = The sign of the End!

Too funny!

Is Mr Blair aware of this! And him being a Christian too!

By the way, Welcome Ramblin_rose! You certainly live up to your name, the ramblin bit anyway!

Look forward to many more laughs together!

Are you sure you're not a JW?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Biblical characteristics of the beast and his mark as denoted in Revelation 13:

• It will involve worldwide worship of the beast. (Rev 13:4, 8)
    • The beast will rule the entire world, not just one country. (v. 3, 8)
    • The beast will have been healed of a fatal wound. (v. 3)
    • The beast will have a miracle-working companion who can even call fire down out of heaven. (v. 13)
    • This companion will also direct worship to the beast. (v. 12)
    • The penalty for refusing the mark will be death, not fines or imprisonment. (v. 15)
    • The mark will be a physical mark on the hand or forehead, not an I.D. card. (v. 16)

Now if you are willing to claim that all the above characteristics are less than literal, you can probably apply the prophecies of Revelation 13 to nearly any powerful individual or institution. Many have tried to do so throughout history. Social Security cards in the USA and bar codes on commercial products were also identified by some as potential marks of the beast.

The simple fact is that your claim that this national ID card in the UK could possibly be the mark of the beast is without Scriptural merit. God is not condemning people to eternal hell because of a mark that can be taken by accident. If the context of Revelation 13 means anything at all, it is clear that the beast will be an individual or institution that possesses global rulership, and that his mark will involve a specific choice of loyalty to him, and rejection of rulership by God. You are building your doctrine on a few out of context phrases and getting all worked up over it. This sort of eisegesis is one of the reasons that Christians are so disrespected in today's world; it smacks of fanaticism. I am a believing Christian, but I have no regard for this sort of scripture twisting and prophetic speculation.

• Ramblin_rose
    Ramblin_rose

No dear, I`m NOT a J.W. but I can tell you I DO share a few of their beliefs.

Unlike my Christian counter-parts, I do not believe in the trinity either. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and that He died for all mankind, and I believe in the Holy Ghost, but NOT as a 3-in-1 entity. I am more than aware that all the pagan gods of old were trinune gods. Also (like the J.W) I can tell you that old pagan customs got entangled in with Christianity. For example the Romans celebrated "the winter soltice" around the 21st Dec with their feasting, drunkeness, orgies and by decorating their homes with lights. Can you therefore see where we get our xmas festivities from ? The Bible doesnt tell us to celebrate Jesus`s Birth (only to remember His Death) Therefore not only are we doing that which we were never told to do, but worse still it became entangled with pagan customs, and then we called it CHRIST-mas.

Anyway back to the subject in hand, do I take it you do not believe we are in "the end days" ? Obviously everyone is entitled to believe as they will, but sometimes it pays not to laugh until you are 100% sure you are right. In fact the Bible does forewarn us that in the end times there will be those who MOCK.

Jude 1:18

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings,

Ecclesiastes 7:6

For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity

Have you never looked round in the world and asked yourself: how much longer can it go on ? Everywhere you look there is evil and crime, wars & hatred, and even regards the state the planet is in, scientists are spelling out the final verdict.

So what does God`s Word say ? Is He just going to continue to ignore us until we finally destroy ourselves and the earth ?

Mt 24:22 - Show Context
    And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

NOW is the time for everyone to get their lives in keeping with God`s Word.

• Gill
    Gill

Ha ha ha he he he ha ha ha .....(Gill, mocking foolishly)

Hi Ramblin,...every age has it's extremists claiming the end in nigh. The problem with these people is that they're so busy proclaiming 'the end' that they forget to live, be good and....be christian.

Be cool about the ID card thing. It's no mark of no wild beast....just and ID card. Nothing to say no to and be punished over.....now where have I heard that dreadful story before.

Sadly Malawi rings a bell here.

By the way ..'Beware of False Prophets who will chew you up and spit you out....'

• scotsman
    scotsman

Gill

While I'm sorry you have probelms in your neighbourhood, I still can't see exactly how ID cards will fix this. It doesn't stop terrorism in Spain.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Ramblin...what translation of the bible are you using? I cant be sure but is it the New World Translation? Can anyone check the quotes out and tell us for sure?

For someone who doesnt profess to be a JW you do share a lot of their beliefs dont you?

Hmmn...

Welcome to the forum anyway...hope to see you round.

DB74

PS) Gill, maybe this ID thing is new light....

• Ramblin_rose
    Ramblin_rose

Hi,

Bible version...... now there is a topic I DO have fun with.

The one I use is the KING JAMES 1811.

I wouldnt dream of using any of the modern versions (like NIV) and I intend to explain why in my next post tomorrow.

For now nite nite & God Bless everyone

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ramblin'

IF this card does transpire to be "the mark of the beast" and you accept it, then you are bound for eternal hell that is a cert. I am sure the genuine J.Ws on this website will very much appreciate my concern in this matter.

I gotta tell ya' something...1st of all Satan doesn't scare many of the x-jw's here. And 'eternal hell?", to a JW, it simply means death. hades, sheol...read Ecls. 9: 5-10 for their belief in the condition of the dead. No torture, no pitchforks.

It may well be one of the very few things that the Witnesses got right, out of the Bible.

Provided you swing that way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Rabbit

• Ramblin_rose
    Ramblin_rose

Its my belief that the J.Ws got several things right....

First of all, they were quite correct about all the pagan customs/traditions that have been allowed to get entangled with Christianity.

Secondly, it`s my adament belief they were right when they said that God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are NOT a 3-in-1 "trinune" entity. Thats my belief also.

Unfortunately, and as we know, they got abit too carried away trying to put "dates" on armegeddon. The Bible tells us that Jesus said: no man knows the day or the hour, not even Himself, ONLY THE FATHER. We can all look around at the world and see the comparison between what is happening and what Jesus called "the signs of the times" - but none of us can, nor should try, to put a date on things. That knowledge belongs ONLY to God.

I further believe that the J.Ws were quite sincere in their belief as regards taking the gospel message out to the people. Jesus had said: go and make disciples of all men, and the Bible tells us "this good news of the kingdom will be preached, and then the end will come" But again, as I think many would agree, they were somewhat over-zealous.

I often wonder though..... WHO is really the most guilty ? Is it people like the J.Ws who at least tried to decifer the Scriptures ? or is it people like the R.Cs who (when you ask awkward questions) will tell you : "its a mystery, my child" ?

Granted there are things that none of us perhaps understand, but Jesus said: "there is nothing hidden that wont be revealed" and we need to TRUST His Words.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ramble,

I further believe that the J.Ws were quite sincere in their belief as regards taking the gospel message out to the people.

Ya' ever hear of the saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions?"

Sincerity does not = correct or even nice...

Are you at all familiar with the sincere JW practice of "shunning"?

I am very familiar with it... ask me, I'll be sincere...

Also, before you come here and start defending Witnesses, if you've never been one...ask yourself this sincere question: Why is it there are more internet support groups of all kinds for Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses...than any other "Ex-" anything ???????

That's your homework for tonight...think about it. Look it up. Read all the stories of these kindly, sincere JW's...then come back and we'll talk, k ?

rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit