Compulsory I.D cards in 2008

by Ramblin_rose 27 Replies latest social current

• Ramblin_rose
    Ramblin_rose

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

May I say at the onset: I am not a J.W. but I am a fellow Christian.

At the moment I am most concerned by the news that the U.K. government intends to introduce COMPULSORY I.D. cards in 2008.

My reasons being as follows :-

In Revelation 13:17 we read :-

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This week and in a MSN news article regards the I.D. cards, it stated :-

"the planned bill will ensure that people`s access to "specified public services" will be linked their having a valid I.D. card and it will include penalties for those failing to register"

http://money.msn.co.uk/MyMoney/Insight/SpecialFeatures/Pennywise/TippingMoneyAway/default.asp

Whilst it has already been stated that the public services WILL include things like BANKS, then I am solely convinced that this new I.D. card is potentially "the mark of the beast" which we are WARNED TO AVOID. i.e: none-registration will mean NO access to banks (probably also things like "benefits" and other things we use in everyday life.

A campaign site has already been set up so that people can voice their concerns regards this technology :-

http://www.no2id.net/ Say "NO" to I.D. cards

http://www.no2id-petition.net/ Sign the petition

http://www.no2id.net/getInvolved/volunteer.php Get involved

http://www.writetothem.com/ How to write to your MP & local councillor.

Clearly we are all aware of what the Bible tells us that in "the last days" even "the elect" might be deceived.

I am deeply troubled by this issue, and would welcome your opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me via email also, I can be contacted at :-

[email protected]

Love in Christ NB. I have posted this under "politics" also, whilst I believe it to be a VERY URGENT matter for our consideration.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

So what is your problem? Maybe it's because you live on an "island"? In germany it is standard to have an ID card = "Personalausweis".

• Gill
    Gill

So what exactly is it that 'YOU' have got to be afraid of and want to hide.

ID cards are standard practice in other countries and Armageddon has not ensued after their introduction....so Chill your ass!

I say 'ID' their asses!

Terrorist threat is a real problem around the world and while ID cards is not the perfect solution and can be misused the ordinary citizen who already carrys Credit/Bank cards, Driving License cards etc is not likely to be abused by the government.

The only people who need to worry seriously are crooks, terrorists and hopefully these cards will go some way to beginning to control the spiralling problem of YOB culture in the UK.

Try living on my road with yobs and drunks and hooligans terrorising people late into the evenings. Drunk young women flashing the privates at motorists. Men standing urinating openly in the street. Drunks fighting and screaming. Idiot 'Chavs' with their drum and bass music playing so loud that you house wall shake.

Police racing up and down the road all evening and night trying to bring some control to our mad roads in England.

The UK has become a nightmare to live in.

Idiots like you want to tie the hands of the government and the police.

I say get a real life and shove your christian apolcalyptic crap back where it came from!

No offence intended of course!

• Angharad
    Angharad

NB. I have posted this under "politics" also, whilst I believe it to be a VERY URGENT matter for our consideration.
    There is no need to post things more than once in different forums.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Gill

How on earth will ID cards stop those problems?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To prove one is a JW one is supposed to carry a valid blood card around - in the USA it is a drivers license - I just do not have a problem with it

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Scotsman!

How do I think ID cards will help with these problems? The UK has become a total free for all for anyone. The thin blue line is wearing very thin. There are areas where the police fear to tread. We live in what you might call quite a nice area. But you have to be very careful if you go out in the evening. The free for all spirit is engendered by the fact the the police, government and law in order in general has been emasculated. We have to be nice to criminals. We give social security to known supporters and encouragers of terrorism. Police communication between forces is RUBBISH. It needs centralising. When a policeman picks up a yob up in the street, he needs to know MORE than just what he claims his name is. He needs to see a pattern of offending if there is one. And record this new offence. He can verify the yobs real identity.

BIG BROTHER is watching has to be only the beginning of a change in GB, otherwise we risk slipping into 1970's style New York.

Already the ordinary person in the street is sick to death of the behaviour of not just a certain sub culture, but the ordinary young man and woman who feels it's fine to get tanked up and wreak havoc in the streets.

The ID cards is as already said only the beginning.

Young people and teenagers and those who feel it's a free for all need reigning in and punishing. Older people who feel it's OK to drive using their phones, while drinking etc do this because there are not enough police around. The job of seeking information on people has to be made MUCH easier so that more time can be spent on the streets instead of searching for information.

Stick the card in whatever slot, read the information, learn about the person. You may be surprised who's in your area and who you've just picked up parking in a disabled parking spot. (Just and example but it was found that a large proportion of those who committed minor infringments like this were either criminals or wanted by the police on some matter or other).

For Big Brother to see, Big Brother needs 'eyes'.

Those who supply the 'drug' ie alcohol in this country have to be made accountable and pay for the product they're supplying and the law and order problems that now exist here becuase of their irresponsible sale of their product. I don't expect ID cards to be a be all and end all to our problems but a way of pin pointing exactly who, is responsible for the 'unsafe' environment we all now live in and then an adapting of our law and punishments as a deterrent for what is happening here. First identify the 'villain', mark them as such, ie centralised information, then from this information decide on the best way to act and react.

Personally I do NOT fear the ID card.

I would be more impresssed if we were being told to write to our MPs to complain about our lawless society and why are we giving social security payments to known supporters and encouragers of terrorism.

• avengers
    avengers

I'm against every form of ID. Why should you have to show someone with a piece of paper who you are?

All my life I've had to ID myself. I can't remember the times I did not ever had to have ID on me.

It should be like this: Hey man, how are you? What's your name? And you expect him to tell you his real name.
    No more bad people, no more pedophiles, psychopaths, religion, or whatever throws you off track.

But that's not the way it is. If there's anything I can do to help to get these people off the street
    I will get all the ID's necesary to do it.

The thing I can say about ID is that it clears you. With the right ID you have way less problems
    at airports, hotels, stores, gasstations and the list goes on.

If you want to take people for their word go for it without ID. Not me.

I do believe I myself do not need ID.

The guy that started this thread does though.

Oops. Andy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Don't be a fruitloop.

• Ramblin_rose
    Ramblin_rose

I understand fully what some of you ppl are saying regards criminals, yobs & terrorists.

However, and as regards the yob culture, the answer lies in giving the police STRONGER POWERS. As it stands at the moment in the U.K. the youngsters get chance after chance after chance... and NO action. I.D. cards will NOT solve that problem.

As regards criminals bring in STRICTER SENTENCES and perhaps then they will think twice before committing a crime.

As regards terrorists, maybe they should give out cards for all NON-U.K. residents AND stop so many ppl from entering into our country (that would be a good start)

As regards this card, clearly I suspect a few of you are NOT Christians otherwise you might just better appreciate the seriousness of what it says in the Bible book of Revelations.

IF this card does transpire to be "the mark of the beast" and you accept it, then you are bound for eternal hell that is a cert. I am sure the genuine J.Ws on this website will very much appreciate my concern in this matter. I would ask EVERYONE to re-think. YES we do all want to live in peace & safety, but those things are but temporary. In these "end of days" what we need to be considering is our ETERNAL WELFARE. This world is passing away, and so also will all the bad things that ppl have mentioned, but until it does it is down to each & every one of us to OBEY what our Creator says, AND THAT DOES INCLUDE: AVOIDING "THE MARK OF THE BEAST"

PEACE in Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit