Now that your out, what are your core values?

by m. kirov 20 Replies latest jw friends

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

Are there any principles of the faith that you have kept... Do you try to maintian a high moral standard? Did your views on abortion change? Would you go to war? What is your core values?

• minimus
    minimus

Me, I'm just baaaad to the bone.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Values.. What are these "values" you speak of?

GBL

• dh
    dh

i think one of my main values is being true to myself, so that i don't have anyone to blame when things go wrong, that and developing as a person, and hopefully leaving every day as a better developed person than i was the day before.

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

GBL- the values of which I speak are whatever you believe in. I'm curious what integrity ex-JWs hold. Do you "love thy neighbor"? You don't have to have have religion to have ethics. Just as we all know that having a religion does not mean you become a pinnicle of virtue.

and completely unrelated --where did this post show up? I am just trying to feel my way around the board, blindly. I have only made one other post and a few people found it but my brother had to got to the member directory to see it. I'm feeling a little inept...i would apreciate any information on how the magical forum works. thanks

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

m.kirov,

you posted it in "Friends".

would never go to war. love my neighbor, and who cares if they love me back or not. take care of the earth. work to make the world a better place, not just for our species, but for all species. completely natural view. no supernatural views. scientific method currently best chance we have of understanding reality and nature.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My values have gone up.

I show more compassion and sensitivity. Therefore I love my neighbor more now then ever. I don't look at his negatives and think that he needs Jehovah in his life. I believe that everyone is human and should be treated like a human. Hence the shunning and turning your back on your family.

I think I have seen more Love that God has for us when I left. I never saw Love in the JW religion.

Brooke

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Because I am an atheist I have no core values. I just go around committing wanton acts of violence and create as much damage as I possibly can.

For the holiday weekend I plan on raping and pillaging a little town nearby... anyone want to join me?

• minimus
    minimus

Well, we're willya be?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I was just playing.

I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. I contribute to certain charities I feel strongly about. I set rules for myself and have a stong sense of self discipline.

My values haven't really changed at all! The only difference is I am more passionate about humanitarian issues and I feel that I SHOULD take an active part in helping out, not just hanging back and waiting for some God to bring an armageddon.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit