Had study with witness today

by jaffacake 37 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

To be honest jaffacake, I really think they themselves are confused now - it can't be easy keep changing your beliefs.

It also must be especially difficult for the older JWs who find some things hard to learn/grasp in the first place, only to be later told to ''unlearn'' it.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jeff it seems you are working him on romans 13;1 about jw's going to jail for refusing alternative service instead of the army stopped in 1996 may 1996 wt. using rom. 13;1i'm sure it's in ray's books. your one the right track . this guy has nothing. when he admitts they mad mistakes. then ask him . why the 2005 wt's call what they were teaching in 1920 as proper spritual food at the proper time. meat in due season. hang him. since he's admitting they were wrong , then how can they today call it worship acceptable to jehovah. this is a check mate move that you can use over and over. just remember never let him off the hook on anything. hold him to it , ask him to bring over those 1920 wt mag's so we can test them together. he's in quick sand. wave bye bye as you keep up the pressure. john

• sf
    sf
    he's in quick sand. wave bye bye

Ha!

{{ tight hugs for johnny }}

sKally

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    jw's going to jail for refusing alternative service instead of the army stopped in 1996 may 1996 wt

Johnny

Wow, was it really as recent as 1996, and I thought that all changed with the new light in 1962. I'll dig out my Franz book, thanks.

Unfortunately, I cant hang this guy out to dry or he will dump me and tell the people I am trying to rescue never to associate with me because I will stumble them. I think I will keep a record of such points to use later in future studies. Thanks to all for the help.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    A couple of months ago an elder denied point blank that JWs are not allowed to study the Bible alone without watchtower publications. Was he lying?

Yes, and no. You can study the bible w/out the WT literature. If you say or write anything that contradicts the Governing Body's current understanding of biblical passages and it gets back to the JW's you will be summoned to a meeting with 2 elders and confronted. What happens next depends on if there are any witnesses, etc. The WTBTS goes to great lengths to maintain its position of authority no matter what real truth is. I hope your friend looks at all avenues before he gets baptised and that the elder studying with you has so many doubts about the WTS that he embarks on his own journey of seeking truth.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I hope your friend looks at all avenues before he gets baptised

Honesty

Unfortunately he wont question anything, he has bought it hook line and sinker. His wife was baptised last month. Thanks again.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Unfortunately he wont question anything, he has bought it hook line and sinker. His wife was baptised last month.

He may not doubt or question now but when the love-bombing stops and he sees the conditional love and back-stabbing that goes on in the congregation it may be enough to open his mind.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Mary

and who are these other "well meaning Christians"??

I suppose he was referring to my former religion of 30 years ago (SDA) which taught JWs most of what they know (a lot to answer for I suppose) I still love them though , or perhaps he was trying not to offend my Roman Catholic wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit