Did anybody see Tom Cruise on Access Hollywood today?

by JV 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

I'm flipping through the channels today and i happend upon a 30 min interview with Mr Cruise. I was curious and there was nothing else on so i decided to watch it. This was a 30 minute advertisement for Scientology. He's on some sort of mission against anti-depressants like paxil and zoloft and he's totally against psychologists for some reason???? I have no idea why. I don't know much about scientology other than the guy who made it up wrote the book that was the basis for the worst movie in recorded history (Battlefield Earth) that alone is reason enough to be wary of it. Anyways he just seemed like another self righteous hollywood star that thinks they know everything. I don't know why i'm sharing this with you all, the only reason i could come up with is that it's Thursday night and i'm bored

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've met 2 Scientologists in my life. One was psychotic, the other laid back. Both were giving most of their hard earned money to L. Ron Hubbard (yes, he still needs the money even though he is dead).

Scientology is such a cult.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

His wife is now behind the cult and needs the money...he's been dead for a long time now, but mysteriously Ms. Hubbard seems to find one new book / texts of Ron's every year like clockwork....hmmmmm.

• luna2
    luna2

I read Battlefield Earth many, many years ago...long before I ever heard of Scientology. It was a pretty good sci-fi novel (I don't remember specifics any more, just the general impression that I enjoyed it), but I wasn't sufficiently moved to seek out info about the author or to even research his movement when I did learn about it. I didn't bother seeing the movie so I was spared that waste of time.

I know very little about Scientology except that it seems to be a popular cult in Hollywood. Not sure why they'd be against anti-depressants and psychologists??

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

deadens the brain in their opinion...prevents you from attaining the next step....

Did you really expect rational ideas from a religion that believes in UFO's and aliens here on Earth?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I know very little about Scientology except that it seems to be a popular cult in Hollywood. Not sure why they'd be against anti-depressants and psychologists??

The goal of Scientology is for the individual to become clear: "a highly desirable state for the individual, achieved through auditing, which was never attainable before Dianetics. A Clear is a person who no longer has his own reactive mind and therefore suffers none of the ill effects that the reactive mind can cause. The Clear has no engrams which, when restimulated, throw out the correctness of his computations by entering hidden and false data. "

They think that drugs and psychologists interfere with that goal.

Here's more info: http://www.scientology-detroit.org/ans6.htm

• troucul
    troucul

I never liked that [removed] from day one. I saw him on AFN for 30 seconds and wanted to vomit.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

YO!!! Tro.... bring it down a notch there shooter.... I find the term "[removed]" to be offensive and demeaning. Use a different word please.

Thanks.

• luna2
    luna2

Ah, thanks for the info Robdar!

• JV
    JV

Hey look they disfelloship too................... " For the good of the Church and the individuals in it, such a person is officially labeled a supressive person so that others will know not to associate with him." ( i don't know how to copy quotes yet )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit