WT and the UN........again

by jula71 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers
    Hey anyone out there! Where can I find a link to look up that stuff about the Ram Factory!!!???? Is this for real?

It's real alright. I started a thread about the Randcam issue called "The Watchtower has a Deal with the Navy"

Read all about it!.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/32179/1.ashx

Here's an official answer considering this issue. NOTE that they don't take the blame, but blame their brothers.
    "The Watchtower was erroneously listed as stockholder,,," etc.
    14 years they were listed , mistake?????

Andy.

Sorry to get off track, the thread is about the UN issue. Here's a bit of info

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Why apologize, they never have before.

Generation thing - oops it was you brothers jumping the gun and wishing for the end too much
    Nineteen seventy what?
    Nineteen thirty what?
    Ban on organ transplants? Noo light.
    Aluminum cookware will kill you - did we say that?
    Vaccinations are a pus - well that's plain crazy talk.

• JGraves
    JGraves

Yep, I was disfellowshipped my full story on this is here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90986/1.ashx

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Check this out! Someone just mailed me this excerpt from:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2004/41682.htm

There are no laws regarding the registration of religious organizations. The GOC remained the only religion with legal status in the country, although some religions registered affiliated NGOs. This lack of legal status prevented religions from renting or registering property; many groups registered property under an individual or affiliated NGO, although this complicated ownership issues and exposed individuals to personal liability. The new Government has not addressed a previous draft law to allow for registration or proposed other changes. Unregistered religious groups are not officially permitted to rent office space, acquire construction rights, import literature, or represent the international church, although many religious groups accomplished these goals through their locally registered NGOs. Unregistered religious groups were also subject to an administrative fine.

In late 2003, the new Government allowed the registration of the Jehovah's Witnesses NGO The Watchtower Bible Society. Jehovah's Witness Groups reported that since then, unlike in previous years, there has been no violent persecution and they have had no difficulties in importing their literature.

While less harassment was reported during the year, minority religions continued to report intimidation from local government authorities and obstructions to constructing worship halls. The Catholic Church, True Orthodox Church, Baptists, Armenian Apostolic Church, and Protestant denominations had difficulty in building churches during the year.

WHAT's UP WITH THAT????

Randy

• tassie57
    tassie57

Excuse me, but I am not very computer literate so having a bit of a hard time with my first experience in this forum thingy.

My mother was a witness(Dad moderately opposed) and I had quite a bit of Witness exposure as a young person, but that is a long time ago .

But my mother has been gone many years now and I have just come across all this stuff about weapons companies and UN ties. It just doesnt sound like anything my mother believed in.

Can anyone shed light on what direction these people are going in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit