Week of May 23, 2005 Service Meeting

by TheListener 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song 194

12 min: Local Announcements. read accounts report and donation acknowledgments. Using the suggestions on page 8 (if appropriate for your territory), demonstrate how to present the June 1 Watchtower and the June 8 Awake. Other realistic presentations may be used.

18 min: "Jehovah's Day is Near."* When preparing this part, consult the Daniel's Prophecy book, page 59, paragraph 28.

15 min: "Family Schedule - The Family Study."* Arrange in advance for one or two to comment on how they schedule their family study and what effort is needed to hold it regularly.

Song 152 and concluding prayer.

* Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

• minimus
    minimus

I prefer the unrealistic presentations.

• joelbear
    joelbear

we never had a family study once the entire time i was a witness.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yes Joelbear and here you are :)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I had a brother last night talking to me almost in tears after that meeting because he hasnt been able to have a family study this month. Change of jobs and moving to be closer to the hall and its just been a rough month for his family. I felt soo bad for him.

This religion isnt refreshing.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA
    we never had a family study once the entire time i was a witness.

I think we may have once or twice, but it was never regular, I mean my parents never had us study the watchtower before the watchtower (I had friends who's parents made them do it every saturday night). My parents never made us read the bible on our own or with us, except for after a book study or after a meeting that they didn't believe what was being taught, then my mom would get the bible out and tell us the real truth. I was always surprised that my mom and dad stayed in for 45 years considering how many times they would say no, that's not true, here's the truth. My dad was an elder for 17 years during all that too. He was never home and was always off dealing with something in the KH.

Ash

• blondie
    blondie
    follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

BTW, the WTS now furnishes the questions. The brothers with these parts didn't know how to come up with questions or left it to the last minute.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Sounds like a thrill a minute.

Actually, this service meeting schedule seems so cold and void of life I'd rather be reading the service instruction manual to my water-heater. Another Thurs night snoozer for sure.

cybs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Blondie,

The society does furnish questions to some of the KM articles but not all. The material for this week's meeting has no furnished questions. There is a part the week of June 6 that does have questions furnished, it's about having a magazine route.

• jula71
    jula71

Great, just what I need, another "Jehovah's day is near" talk. Wasn't it near, say back in 1874?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit