Is this a scam?

by Soledad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

commit check fraud and send funds to lovely terrorist groups at the very same time.....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

But guys, they are partnered with legitimate buisnesses like PayPal, Bank of America, Chase, Visa, Wells Fargo, and Western Union. It must therefore be legit!!!

Plus all their officers, they look soooo trustworthy.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

scam.com lists the Emails which people have received:

Good Day!! Offer from Audit Market Inc.

Hello, My name is David LaMonde. I have an offer for you. (www.auditmarket.com) We found your resume at careerbuilder.com We need are an agent in your city. I am the representative of the "Audit Market Inc." company. At this moment we're developing our activity on the territory of the USA. Our company is the leader of the Latvian IT market. And we are working out software. Banking system of the USA let us working out of operations except for admitting bank accounts that is why we would like to find the representatives in each state. We would like to suggest you to make a treaty with our company to admit bank accounts and become our representative your task is to accept bank cheques from our clients and send money to our accounts. Your commissions will compile 10 from the sum of the transaction. It compiles $40.000 per month. We will pay all the expenses on taxes and certificate. If you are interested in our proposal, send your address, full name and we will send you certificates and the copy of the treaty. Hope for the cooperation. My e-mail is: [email protected] or [email protected] , please visit our website to get more information: www.auditmarket.com. Best regards, David LaMonde
    If you have questions or comments for CareerBuilder.com, please use our feedback form.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

No, THIS ONE is legit for sure. A cousin of a friend of a friend of mine met someone who thought about doing it and now they're a squillionaire... i think. Sounds a bit like getting people to go around with no remuneration for their time, distributing literature for whatever people are willing to pay. But maybe that's a topic for another forum. Surely no one would go in for these kind of things.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Good Day!! Offer from Audit Market Inc.

Hello, My name is David LaMonde. I have an offer for you. (www.auditmarket.com) We found your resume at careerbuilder.com We need are an agent in your city. I am the representative of the "Audit Market Inc." company. At this moment we're developing our activity on the territory of the USA. Our company is the leader of the Latvian IT market. And we are working out software. Banking system of the USA let us working out of operations except for admitting bank accounts that is why we would like to find the representatives in each state. We would like to suggest you to make a treaty with our company to admit bank accounts and become our representative your task is to accept bank cheques from our clients and send money to our accounts. Your commissions will compile 10 from the sum of the transaction. It compiles $40.000 per month. We will pay all the expenses on taxes and certificate. If you are interested in our proposal, send your address, full name and we will send you certificates and the copy of the treaty. Hope for the cooperation. My e-mail is: [email protected] or [email protected] , please visit our website to get more information: www.auditmarket.com. Best regards, David LaMonde
    If you have questions or comments for CareerBuilder.com, please use our feedback form.

This sounds like money laundering to me... report them to the authorities.

DB74

• InSAnEmeMbRaNe80
    InSAnEmeMbRaNe80

Ok so I ell for this scam but i wrote the guy back telling him i wasnt interested. He does have my name and address yes i know im a retard thanks but what should i do when i get the checks in the mail?

• kls
    kls

Welcome Insane and wow what a long screen name so i will just call you insaneyou are in good company

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Some suggestions for when you receive the cheques ('checks' for our American readers):

1) Do nothing
    2) Mark it 'Return to Sender'
    3) Report the intended recipient to the relevant authorities (somewhat futile)
    4) Cash the cheques and wait for a bill and maybe fraud charges.

I would suggest either option 1 or 2, and hope they assume you gave them a false address.

• AnotherCrazyDude
    AnotherCrazyDude

Heh Heh ... here's proof that IT IS A SCAM :

http://www.baltikums.com/28207.html

Compare it with :

http://www.auditmarket.com/founders.html

Dude

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

OK. Here's the deal:

On contacts it says this:
    "Audit Market Inc."
    276049, Latvia, Riga, Brivibas str., 149
    Phone: +3719310000

This is a Latvian address. The phone number is a WAP access number. For those not 'in the know' WAP is for accessing the internet, like in the modem days, but for mobile devices, cell phones and PDA's etc.

The IP address for "Audit Market Inc." 212.93.96.65

Belongs to the RIPE servers and related to '212.93.96.0 - 212.93.98.255' Latvijas Mobilais Telefons SIA, the same people who's telephone WAP access number is show above.

HOWEVER

AuditMarket.com is registred via directi.com http://manage.directi.com/anacreon/servlet/WhoisServlet

Here is the whois info

Registration Service Provided By: WEBGO
    Abuse Desk Email Address: [email protected]

Domain Name: auditmarket.com

Expiry Date: 29-Apr-2006
    Days Left for Expiry: 330
    Record Creation Date: 29-Apr-2005
    Domain Status: Active

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.netdrive.ru
    ns2.netdrive.ru

RegistrantContact Details
    Name Petr A Ivanov
    Company auditmarket
    Email Address [email protected]
    Address Metallurgov str., 24/15
    City Moscow
    State null
    Zip 111399
    Country RU
    Tel No. +7.0953045874

AdministrativeContactDetails
    Name Petr A Ivanov
    Company auditmarket
    City Moscow
    State null
    Zip 111399
    Country RU
    Tel No. +7.0953045874

TechnicalContactDetails
    Name Petr A Ivanov
    Company auditmarket
    City Moscow
    State null
    Zip 111399
    Country RU
    Tel No. +7.0953045874

BillingContactDetails
    Name Petr A Ivanov
    Company auditmarket
    City Moscow
    State null
    Zip 111399
    Country RU
    Tel No. +7.0953045874

SO, I would say it a Russian scam, not a Latvian one.

steve

PS. and why would this legitimate company with so many recommendations and awards need someone to cash cheques for them if they are partners with major backing institutions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit