What did you want to be when you grew up?

by whyamihere 85 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At least a Circuit Overseer.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I wanted not to be a Joe Hoba's witless.

DL76

• joelbear
    joelbear

i wanted to be a

math professor

oceanographer

radio DJ

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Nuclear Gynocologyst or Indian Scout.

ended up close to my goal... after 20+ years as a high voltage lineman and master electrician I now teach electrical skills and do safety consulting in my industry . I train horses and run a hobby farm on the side

Oh yea,,,almost forgot... agravate the P*ss outta folks on political threads here at JWD... a semi-full-time endevor!

~Hill

• Dustin
    Dustin

I wanted to join the Navy really bad after highschool, but of course that was wrong. I also wanted to be a gym teacher but going to school was wrong. So I became a big nothing. I'm still very dissatisfied with myself career wise. Maybe if I catch a break I can still become a rock n roll star.

• pratt1
    pratt1

First, I wanted to be a police officer, but the elders told me that I wouldn't be able to carry a gun.

Second, I wanted to be an Archetiect? I thought I could design homes in the new system. That what got me through college.

I ended up being an Environmentalist who designs programs to remediate contaminated resources.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Dustin ...YOU ARE NOT A BIG NOTHING!

You have a great job, nice apartment, and you have a beautiful wife. Most people do not have what you have.

With your Job you are doing well. Its a great job! Yeah, I know you want something better later on. Just keep your eyes open, and listen to your heart. I would never think you are a big nothing. Never ever.

Brooke

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I always wanted to be a badass. When I was in elementary school, I was the Bart Simpson type. In middle school, I got suspended 17 times for fighting. Now that I'm in high school, I just want to be myself and I want to be a friend before anything else.

But I used to want to be like a SWAT team member.... Or a hunting guide in some far off place.

Now I realistically want to work in the graphics industry. I tell witnesses this and they are "welll you could run the presses at Bethel". I'd rather eat ink.

But in college I plan on working securty at concerts and bars... Or maybe the guy who oils up the strippers?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Richie with your talents with Photoshop and what not I'd say go for graphic arts.

Fortunately the printing biz is a good high paying industry...at least for now until they figure out how to move that to China too. A few of my friends are in the printing biz...great field.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I read this somewhere when I was in high school. Just thought I'd share it here.

"If you can't be a tree on top of a mountain, then be a modest shrub in the valley, but make sure to be the greenest shrub around."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit