What did you want to be when you grew up?

by whyamihere 85 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I wanted to be a physicist, mathematician or a doctor. Go figure, but that was the 70s,,, no uni for moi.

It turned out okay, though, life has gone on .. now I wanna be a graphic artist, there's no one around to tell me NO, so it's off to school I go .... tra la la !

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Artist, writer, wife, mother. I could use some Frankenstein shoes, too, but didn't know it when I was a kid. Didn't know I was only going to be 5'2".

• Mac
    Mac

J-Girl.....

NO!

mac

• FlyingHighNow
  • talesin
    talesin

Says who? YOU???? Bwaaa hahahahaha!!!

( sticks out tongue at mac , whilst cowering behind FHN )

• Mac
    Mac

What the hell is this?.....

the YaYa Sisterhood?

mac, just tired of art fer pay class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    the YaYa Sisterhood?

mac, just tired of art fer pay class

We'd make great Ya Ya's.

• talesin
    talesin

Methinks you are right, FHN, and I can think of a few others to round out the group!

tal

'tired of being a starving artist' class

• orbison11
    orbison11

interesting, just today i was thinking about this

i have many clients who have known from childhood about how exactly their wedding would be, their husband, their careers

i never once thought of those things,,,,never thought about my wedding, etc

although i wanted to go into law, and tried 3 times to start university, first time i enrolled, got preg with 2nd child and would have been too hard a task at the time (no off campus learning then)

2nd time i tried, i became a jw,,YUK

3rd time, a few years ago, i ended up leaving my x of 25 yrs, and getting df'd,,,,then the spiral began

now i am a small business owner, go figuire,,,,,,but, being the boss, i get to have my police scanner on at work so i can keep on top of a few things :):)

orbi

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I wanted to be everything.

A Dancer, Artist, Sculpter, mother, Head of a million dollar corporation, a deep sea diver, an author, a pilot, a gypsy, a a member of a harem, a princess, a wife, a sex goddess, a member of the Beyond Thunderdome crew, a extreme sportist, a florist, a doctor, a safari leader traveler type person, a tiger tamer and a swims with the dolphins gal. A scientist, a seamstress, a clothing designer, a beautician, a model, be on Broadway, a scholar, a poet, a singer, a drummer, a farmer and a con person, a graphic artist, a mechanic, an architech, a pot smoking hippie, a revolutionary, a zoo keeper and a one person band............everything...EVERYTHING. I still think it would all be fun...except for the pioneer thingi. So I try to keep focused and stick to one or ten things and see how many things I can do.

I made a list once and you would be suprised how many things you can do on that list......except for mine keeps growing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit