PEOPLE IMITATE the GOD that they WORSHIP. [ Proverbs 6

Warnings Against Folly 12 A scoundrel and villain,
    who goes about with a corrupt mouth, 13 who winks with his eye,
    signals with his feet
    and motions with his fingers,
    14 who plots evil with deceit in his heart-
    he always stirs up dissension.

15 Therefore disaster will overtake him in an instant;
    he will suddenly be destroyed-without remedy.

16 There are six things the LORD hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
    17 haughty eyes,
    a lying tongue,
    hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
    19 a false witness who pours out lies
    and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. "] Thumbs Up GOOD vs. EVIL Thumbs Down

People usually imitate the God they worship don't they? My background:born 1957 3rd generation JW to pioneer parents. I have moved about and sojourned in many congregations in various States.I was a devout JW remained chaste all my years until my exit 1992.I at one point in my life developed a mnemonic technique to memorize over 2,000 scripts from NWT. I was devout and have been around the block a few times.... I also have 20 years exposure to the world in my secular employment with hard boiled construction workers. This serves as a control group for my findings. Conclusion:The Jehovah's Witnesses are the most sleazy nefarious malicious willful wanton cruel mean predators. My beloved maternal JW Grandmother ATE HER OWN YOUNG.She was the most vile vicious bitch.My JW elder dad was a complete ass-"WHOLE" they were both lying conniving psychopaths. I have seen the most cruelest abuse perpetrated by many Jehovah's Witnesses EVERYWHERE in the name of their God Jehovah. I wonder if even the demons will f**k each other over for a percentage the way that dog-eat-dog Jdubs do to each other. I took exception to Ray Franz prima facie describing JW's as basically honest decent folks.That has not been my experience. I have come to the conclusion that EVIL (Satan) must exist.That this evil is ORGANIZED and appears to come from a central source.It also cloaks the evil in deception,ministers of righteousness/angels of light.Just like the Bible say's. JW's who have never met or know each other act EXACTLY the sleazy {S+M} same! It's Uncanny! If the evil is organized (James 3:15)James 3
    15 Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil"] [Again,"people usually imitate the God they worship" ] ....Then the inverse may be true and a good God EXIST ALSO. Then,there may be a benevolent powerful God after all who who will triumph over the evil. Just wishful fantasy? What do you think? It sure makes me wonder. Thoughts?
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Message (MSG) 1 Corinthians 13 {aka the 'love chapter'}

The Way of Love
    Raining Hearts
    1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
    2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.
    3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.[So say's St.Paul the evangelist.]

Why the 'Godless' practice altruism.( aka brotherly love) [Romans 2 14] "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law," The above text is a Biblical description of the,"godless barbarians". What is this 'law unto themselves'?It's what anthropologist( scientist who study human culture) call the (4) four universal taboos.They are: (1) The 'doctrine of self preservation',simply put wanting to stay alive. (2)Need for food and shelter (3) Sex drive (procreation) (4) Incest taboo( you don't procreate with your blood kin, messes up the gene pool). All humans have these pre-programed instincts.No matter who/what/where you may be, you instinctively "know better" not to do naughty stuff.. All lucid beings then,have a built in 'conscience' to know good from bad.The pagan Barbarian's "code of conduct" is to be honorable Epidaurus humanitarians.EXCEPTION: the psychopaths : psychopaths {Egotist) [1] The Greatest Commandment : [ Matthew 22:34-40 34]Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' [2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these """ two""" commandments." Caveman 2 The prehistoric 'caveman' had only FOUR rules in his life.Along comes Jesus Christ who say's there only only TWO rules in life. The Watchtower Borganization on the other hand has rules up the ass.... Rules for Christian Living (Faith vs. Works) Hail Whitney Houstons debut # 1 song ca.1995 "The greatest love of all is to love yourself".Jesus Christ # 2 commandment "love your neighbor AS yourself".So,the Bible (which i acknowledge as a creed for millions) sez; "to love yourself" A healthy dose of self esteem is proper. ....Now,are we made in God's image,or did we make God in our image? Ponder
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Heart/wings My favorite topic;"Happy are the 'pure in heart'." WHO? Matthew 19
    14 But He said, Leave the children alone! Allow the little ones to come to Me, and do not forbid or restrain or hinder them, for of such [as these] is the kingdom of heaven composed

More on 'theory of mind' ( childhood innocence) with small children.We all have witnessed this but may have never grasped the concept.

[ I find it absolutely fascinating ]

Illustration:If we play a variation of the 'shell game' with 3y.o.,Sally,Danny and auntie Kathie.

We 3 are in the room we put uncle Danny's candy under one of 4 cups.

Danny leaves the room,and auntie Kathie spins the cups and changes the spot for Danny's candy.

Danny returns,the child is asked;"now where should uncle Danny look for his candy.

The child will point to the last spot when i was last in the room before the switch.

Three year old Sally doesn't grasp the concept that we all have independent and separate minds.

She thinks that all people in the world think with one mind(her's).

Because of this she doesn't know that she can manipulate others,because she hasn't developed "theory of mind" yet.Usually they don't grasp this until about 4 years of age.

Sad to say,at this point they now can "sin" by manipulating others.

This may be what Jesus meant by;"becoming like young children" in the sense of innocence and unpretentious and not putting on airs. LOW PERSONAL EGO I have always prayed to be able to emulate this attribute.In fact I am brutally honest,but it's more of me not giving a hoot about pleasing people and currying their favor (ass-kissing) then for me taking any credit for goodie two shoes self-righteousness.

Luke 6:45
    The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Christ's Apostle Nathaniel," whose guileless heart sought out Christ the Light. He was led to Christ by Philip his friend, and straightway rejoiced to recognize his God and Saviour. Wherefore he is praised in company with the Twelve." Matthew 5:8:Matthew 5

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    Heart/wings

Altruism:
    is an unselfish interest in helping someone else. It is a motivation that emphasizes the welfare of others while minimizing or ignoring the individual's own welfare. The concept has a long history in philosophical and ethical thought, and has more recently become a topic for psychologists, sociologists, evolutionary biologists, and ethologists.

VS.

EGOTISM: an exaggerated opinion of your own importance an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Some good comments. First the Genesis myth as written has humans stealing knowledge of the gods ,"one of us". It also retains the ancient symbolism of food of the gods being the vehicle.

And as was said morality is separate from belief in a god. If anyone disagrees then answer how you know god is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit