misc goofy witness stuff

by joelbear 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• evita
    evita

Thanks for the funny memories.

I'm glad for the lighthearted tone. Sometimes I just get so down about what I lost due to the dubs that I lose my sense of humor.

E.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Being chased by a cunning dog, that took a short cut across the field while I, riding a bicycle, had to make it around the curve. I did not understand why the dog stopped chasing me and in stead made it for the field, but then realised it was making the short cut, and when I came out of the curve, the dog stood there waiting - and took a piece of my left foot.

A guy so full of blisters in his face and neck I felt the money he gave me for the WT "burn" in my pocket.

A sister who usually went witnessing with her fleshly brother, in stead went with a male JW, and started the conversation with "Hello, I and my brother - no, I and my friend - no, I and this one here ... ehh ..." whereupon responds the dweller, "Take it easy, you don't have to inform me anything about your sexual life".

Receiving more money than the magazine did cost, and so you gave them a book added, and they gave you more money, and you gave them a couple of books more and a couple of brochures, and they gave you more money, and finally your bag was almost empty.

My female field service partner, after nobody responded when we knocked at the door, went behind some bushes and sat down because she after some hours of walking just HAD to - and then, while she was in the middle of it, the door went up and the house owner came out. As I talked, I started hearing this quiet giggling and laughing coming from behind the bushes, and finally it exploded into loud laughter. The house owner understood little when this nice woman stepped forwards from his berries garden.

• Sherri
    Sherri

Those hog/dog field service stories reminded me of the time I was chased off a porch by a German shepherd (a big one!). I decided to vault the fence, but the edge of my wraparound skirt caught on the chain link and, uh, unwrapped, and there I was standing in my knickers. Oops.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Carrying hundreds of tracts, and then upon coming close to a farm house, this huge St. Bernhard dog with "bad intentions" painted all over his body came towards me, and I quickly turned around and ran, with all the tracts falling like snow behind me. Huge delivery.

Or another St. Bernhard coming towards me, looking friendly, then he stopped right in front of me, stood up on two legs, put his front legs around my neck - yes, he WAS that big - and started licking my face with THAT huge tongue.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

i used to be so proud of the fact i could name all the books of the bible in order.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Paul J...I remember that too....somehow thinking that made me an expert at the bible. UGH

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

paul...i could name them all backwards..

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    i gave the talk from the youth book at the ministry school on the chapter about masturbation and homosexuality. they wanted an expert.

I remember those, I told my hubby to not dare put our 14 yr old son down to do any of those talks....there was a short supply of brothers to give these. My hubby made this MS do it who seemed to actually enjoy talking on stage about this.....gross!!

I remember my Dad made me tell how much I loved the chapter in the old red Youth book....."growing into womanhood",,,,,I did it , but was embarrassed and really had no clue what all that meant, I was like 8 yrs old!!! again........gross!

I still think to this day there was too much said from the stage , that would terrorize children.....graphic details about abortions, staying faithful to Jah while having your fingers and toes chopped off,,,,,,,etc. etc. There was too much sex talk that is for sure,,,,,on how evil it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit