NEW GROUP STUDY

by tijkmo 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

so study of the new brochure- keep on the watch started this week pretty much world-wide

this is from page 1

alt

note the religious scene comment...it says

churches back factions in war...clergy charged in genocide...priests sexually exploit young people;church cover-up...decline in attendance;church buildings sold

• Sirona
    Sirona

I saw this brochure at my mums.

Horrid.

I can't read your scan though because it is too small.

Sirona

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

kettle calling pot black if you ask me

DB74

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

One finger pointing produces three fingers pointing back!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

by condemning child abuse publickly

they give the impression that they could never be involved in such a thing

as they did with the subliminal scandal in the mid 80s even when blatant examples were produced...

many may have come from the magazine ads they pilfered without permission.

which reinforces in the minds of the average borg drone, that all statements to the contrary are just malicious lies

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Right..."look what horror they're doing/did, everybody!!! (don't look at what we're doing, though, cos it's just not the same)"...their so-called "child protection policy" enforcement makes me sick because they protect accused adults far more than they protect young helpless victims

And decline in attendance also stands out to me since reading the "we're hemhorraging" thread

And church buildings sold...seems there have also been some threads on that lately with KHs

~Merry

• rebel8
    rebel8

What they refuse to acknowledge is the world has been a nasty place to live for eons. It's not "coming" to anything...it's been there for a long time.

• FairMind
    FairMind

We had our first study in this brochure last night. Everyone in our Book Study group is a long time JW (10, 20, 30 years). It is almost an insult to have such a simplistic publication promoted as something for Bible students.

• kls
    kls
    they give the impression that they could never be involved in such a thing

Cause we know the victims are all liersAmen Zen.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember when we studied the Require brochure.

The WTS has said that many JWs do not know the basics and need to go back and renew their understanding. In reality, the WTS has dumbed down its material. I also think that the WTS has to renew the average JWs proper fear of Armageddon and that the only safe place is to be in the WT organization.

From Sunday's WT study article, paragraph 8

We will constantly long for Jehovahs judicial decisions and show a fondness for his reminders. (Psalm 119:18, 20, 24) If we have been dedicated to Jehovah for even a short time, have we formed a longing for the unadulterated milk belonging to the word? (1 Peter 2:1, 2) We need to understand elementary Bible teachings so that we can be in a better position to comprehend and apply Gods law.

km 12/99 p. 1 Haven?t We Heard That Before? ***
    In our time Jehovah?s organization has arranged for important subjects to be reviewed over and over again at congregation meetings. Certain publications have been studied repeatedly. Yes, it is important to hear things that we have heard before!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit