My son got his acceptance ltr....

by Dawn 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

for State college. I am so excited for him. And so very very VERY glad that I got out of the "borg" when he was still just a little guy. He got to live a normal life - birthday parties, x-mas, sports, friends, Saturday morning cartoons, etc. And now - he's heading off to college with his whole future ahead of him.

Life is good.

Hubby and I will be eating dirt for the next few years - and his little sister is already making plans on taking over his room - but life is good!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

congrats dawn, that is great! it's worth it, the sacrifice. what is he interested in persuing, if you don't mind my asking?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing your good news.

~Merry (of the woefully-under-educated class)

• fairchild
    fairchild

Always nice to hear good news! Congrats!

• Dawn
    Dawn

He wants to do civil engineering. He actually LIKES math. Me - I can't stand math.

Well - to be honest - he'd really rather be a professional baseball player but he decided to be a little more realistic with his goals.

• jaredg
    jaredg

dawn please send your son my congratulations. i went to nc state university for mechanical engineering a loved it. tell your son he can foucs on his studies and still play baseball if he wants by trying out for the baseball team or playing intermural sports. good luck!!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    And now - he's heading off to college with his whole future ahead of him.

Great news Dawn! Congrats for your entire family that there is a NORMAL life to be lived.

Just think! If you stayed in the borg, your son could have been the proud owner of a cleaning business or something. (just kidding) If he sticks with his engineering plans, he will never regret it.

Keep smiling,

HappyDad

• kls
    kls

Congrats Dawn that is good news

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Congratulations...

Freeing himself of WT chains and going on to learn something important. Give him my best wishes...

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I am so happy for you Dawn AND for your son! We raised our two sons in the "borg"...but thankfully my two little grandchildren will lead the "normal" life you speak of. I thank whoever or whatever everyday that my kids also left when we did.

(I did hear that ketchup will improve the taste of dirt.

cathy l.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit