by Es 38 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

I smoke but I don?t inhale?? ops this was

Ok never mind

Z

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I dont smoke and I never have. Just doesnt appeal to me... just seems to be a horrible horrible habit... and smelly too.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I always felt so bad and guilty because Jehovah didn't like smoking. I remember a lot of literature in the Watchtower and Awake magazines that gave these true life stories of how JW's came into the truth and found out smoking was against Jehovah's laws and they quit.

I think Jehovah was ok about smoking until the 1970s.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I think Jehovah was ok about smoking until the 1970s.

ooooops, no, scrap that - I meant the WTBTS was ok with smoking until the 1970s

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oh - and the WTBTS forbid smoking in 1970s because -

a) bad for you, abusing the body (more so than being overweight and stuffing your body with crap food).which leads to...

b) Cigarettes are expensive - think how else you could spend/donate that money

c) If you are hospitalised/die from a smoking related illness, it affects the Society's ''head count'' and FS hours.

d) It's OK to receive INCOME from tobacco, as this doesn't affect the Society.....well, only to the degree of it BENEFITS it.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Why? Because it tastes good and it calms our nerves and we'd kill everyone around us ... including people we profess to love ... if we had to quit.

• squinks
    squinks

I quit about a year and a half ago. I still get cravings but they don't last very long, just a minute or so. Smoking was a crutch for me I smoked until I couldn't feel anymore, just chainsmoked myself into oblivion. I had to learn to deal with my feelings when I quit.

I must say it has been a fascinating journey.

• Es
    Es

Thanks all for your replys es

• zev
    zev

i quit on valentines day this year.

have not had a one since.

i dont ever intend to either. i'm done with that habbit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit