WT - Running Out of Ideas?

by the_classicist 6 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I saw the recent WT. It was entitled, "Taking in Knowledge: Will it Ever End."

First of all, what really pissed me off is that they put GREEK IDIOM into English, because they refuse, or are too stupid, to translate Greek idiom into English.

Second of all, its just pedestrian.

This all got me thinking that they've totally run out of meaninful things to talk about.

Your thoughts.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Running out of ideas?...or just trying to revamp the old ones and still sound somewhat plausible?

This all got me thinking that they've totally run out of meaninful things to talk about.

Wow----I could write a novel on just that sentence alone! How long HAVE they had anything meaningful to talk about?

(not meant as a slam a you-----but a slam at the WTS)

Annie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I think they ran out after "Relgion is a Snare and a Racket"....course they could now apply that to themselves these days.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i am pretty certain that the writing department just has a software program that takes old stuff from their digitized library and recycles it. this is possible. and then the writing department just comes along, tweaks it here and there, gets the GB stamp of approval, and presto, new light.

• Mary
    Mary

The article should be called: Taking in Knowledge: Will it Ever Happen In This Religion?

• upside/down
    upside/down

"Taking in Knowledge- Not for Jehovah's People"

The only "knowledge" allowed is WTS drivel.

Oh, that's right... "God" only wants the dumb people... He scored with the Dubs then!

u/d

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In doing some digging I came across watchtowers in the 1950's - the are still saying pretty much the same thing today and then say oh it's reminders - or it's for the new ones....... what about those that actually do have a deep knowledge of the bible...oh wait they've all be df'ed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit