Australian TV show child sexual abuse in JWs

by gerry 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sf
    sf

Wonderful! I'll put it up in the yahoo jw/exjw chatroom and perhaps mosey over to the other rooms in Australia.

sKally

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

4 days to go!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is there anyway someone can record this in mpg format for us who are not Down Under?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    UPdate
    Silent lambs

... Kirstine Lumb This is a story about child abuse within the Jehovah's Witness church ... paedophiles are still accepted in the Jehovah's Witnesses. They're protected by the ...

• Sunday
    • 5/27/2005
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is a sick subject but one that must be kept constantly before the public and before JWS. Eventually even the most loyal dub will hopefully realize this IS NOT Gods one true organization

• duckie
    duckie

Looking forward to watching this. I will not be surprised if it does not go to air though, as is in most of these cases the branch office will do everything it can to try to get a court injunction to stop it being aired. This is not too difficult because of the laws here and recent litigations involving the media and expensive judgements against them, and it seems as though WT have all the money in the world when it comes to these things. I have a sister and her elder husband call on me (they don't know I am exjw) and they called last weekend and said they would like a serious chat, I was too busy at the time and just did not feel like it, I am trying to bring doubt about WT into their minds very slowly. I woundered if the congregations have been warned about it here. Can any one tell us if they have?

• yesidid
    yesidid

I would say it's all over bar the shouting.

Obviously nine's lawyers have fine tooth-combed it and its ready to go.

They wouldn't have all this blurb up if there was any question.

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/article_1789.asp

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A couple of points in advance of the program's airing:

1. The title "Silent Lambs" should not give the impression that it has anything to do with an organization by that name. The earlier program deliberately avoided that connotation by using the title "Silent Witnesses". This program is entirely the result of Australian conditions and personnel.
    2. Perhaps more importantly to me is that I may miss it!!!! My ill-health is taking a turn for the worse again and it seems likely that, unless the good Lord grants me a recovery, I'll be otherwise engaged i.e. physically unable to watch it. Drat! I'll be looking for a tape as well I guess!

Not too many cheers, Ozzie

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Sorry to hear you're unwell agin Mr Ozzie. I hope you recover well again.

We were just reminicing on old CO/DO's who left, wondered if you knew any... won't put second names... Joe S, Alan W, Phil T (think he went back)? There was also Ray C. I think he got moved around a bit. I remember Joe S coming to our place for tea, he found The Oz and a glass of somthing intoxicating and just wandered off to read and drink ignoring the rest of us... cool guy!! :-)

Regards, Max

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Max,

Yes,( of course) I know them. You're getting very close to home!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit