Your Struggle in the Truth.......

by ScoobySnax 43 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Mine was being too honest!! When the generation issue came up in the 90's, I was the only one in my circle to shout bullshit!! Ha

• pratt1
    pratt1

I could not reconcile in my head that my dad and other relatives I loved were doomed for destruction at Armgo----.

It just didn't make sense. How could a loving God punish my dad, when he was a good father and example for me.

I decided that I did not want to serve a God that was so insecure that a person with a differing opinion on life must die.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Time.

I wondered how I would be able to have time to make my meeting attendance perfect so they would baptize me. As more years went by, I thought about how I could ever have time for my family between meetings and field service. And this is what I was to raise my kids to be?! How was I supposed to be a good mother, wife (to someone "worldly"), and server of jehoba when there weren't enough hours in the day for everything. Then I started questioning myself, that the bible doesn't demand this many hours a week, but they did.

I didn't want to feel guilty anymore for reading my business books and trying to maintain B's in (gasp) college rather than have all my wt answers underlined. Thankfully, I'm no longer getting F's and am back up to par thanks to all this free time I have..for my studies that will actually help me in life!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Probably that I felt a lot of it was crap, but since all my friends and relatives were "in"...I had no choice but to stay. Life was like being on that treadmill of meetings, service, study, etc. To enjoy yourself would make you guilty of not being "theocratic" enough it seemed to me.

How do you spell Jehovah's Witness? GUILT.

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit