Pyramid Schemes - Melaleuca - MLM

by NOdenial 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi cybs,

This was a few years ago, so I can't say for sure. (My memory is not what it used to be lol) All I know is that there were tons of JW's involved in it at the time, so it's quite likely that some would make it to the top. My sis in law had JW's from all over Canada in her income "stream".

BB

• rebel8
    rebel8
    You are making money off the hard work of others.

Which is really what a lot of (non-MLM) company presidents do, when you think about it.

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

WP...

I love the comment about JW's actually having some MLM qualities. I never thought about it that way.

Do the CO's benefit from the elder's successes?

Do the elders benefit from the MS's successes?

Do the MS's benefit from the publisher's (in their book study group) successes? (I know I did...)

Do the publisher's benefit from their bible study's successes? (think about the experiences at the assembly)

... Thus - when the DO talked about the ministry statistics within the hall, there was 'con'mendation given to the audience.

I am embarrassed to admit to my history with the borg... sigh...

NOdenial

• JT
    JT

A poster stated:

"As I have studied these MLM's, yes, there is one common complaint. They make money off of the training materials. As a businessman, I must ask, "So What??"

Why is it so wrong to design a business to make money? From what I have seen, many people have access to making money on those items, so you don't have to be all the way to the top in order to make it."

########3

what the poster has stated above is true, but here is the problem, in fact a problem very much like jw-

when MLM busineses are presented to new converts, the convert is "NEVER TOLD" that the real money is in the tapes, books and material

instead the new convert is lead to believe "IF HE SELLs ENOUGH OF THE PRODUCT" he too will get the S600 Benz

when in fact the person will never sell enough to get the Benz, and just like jw, IT IS OMISSION OF INFO that is the problem

when a possible new convert is introduced to jw world they are told ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DEVOTE ONE HOUR A WEEK

little does the poor soul know that in a few years he will be devoting his entire life, vacation, free time to selling worthless books

my point is the REAL DEAL IS NEVER TOLD UP FRONT

so what we are talking about is "FULL DISCLOSURE" of info-

if a person was told up front all the foolishness that he would have to put up with, meetings, field reports, elders who can inquire about how you have sex with your wife, THAt they can;t ask any questions that challenge the Editorial staff of the wt-------the avg person would reject jw

just think for a moment, how many folks do you think would become one of jw if THEY KNEW WHAT WE KNOW NOW- if after FULL DISCLOSURE one still wants to be a jw then MORE POWER TO HIM

and i see the exact same thing in mlm as a general rule of thumb--

if you were to tell the avg person that they can sell Amway for example and expect to earn $88. per month doing so, who many do you think would do it-

yet they tell folks you can live like me up here on the top of the hill in a $900,000 house selling soap- when in fact the ONLY WAY IS TO MAKE MONEY OFF THE SELL OF BOOKS TAPES, ETC AND IN many org NOT EVERY ONE HAS ACCESS TO being part of the inside crowd that gets a cut off the rallies, seminars, tapes, books, etc ONLY A SELECT FEW reap those windfalls

while the rank and file mlm person like a jw is lead to beleive IF I WORK HARDER, JUMP HIGHER , DO MORE DO MORE i too will reap the benifits

and this is the problem i have seen over and over when it comes to A LACK OF FULL DISCLOSURE ON HOW THE REAL MONEY IS MADE-

JUST MY 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit