Who here has written Bethel?

by unbeliever 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Only the UN/DPI response reads like a form letter.

Coinky-dink? Methinks not.

Methinks not as well.

With ALL the letters they must have gotten about just the UN crap alone, I'm not surprised that they wouldn't have a specific form letter to use as a response! (them being so adept at the printed word and all)

Annie

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My husband has written in the past to Georgetown Canada. The letters were usually forwarded to the local elders.

There was one particular letter where he did get a reply. In essence this reply was to tell him to "sit down and shut up". They quoted 2 tim 2:14 "not to fight about words, a thing of no usefulness at all". They advised him to be careful not to stumble over words.

They don't give a hoot about some lowly amharet.

wanna

• carla
    carla

I wrote them on the advice of elders & others, they promised that of course they will answer your questions. No reply. What did make it back this way was my 'cease & desist' letter! At least they responded in some way to that! Carla

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Years ago when I was "in" I wrote them several times. My letters were criticizing some ridiculous point or article in the magazines which made me angry.

The first several times they responded but they NEVER addressed all the points I raised. This made me angry and got me to thinking. So I never bothered again.

• lawrence
    lawrence

They didn't respond to my letters directly; they sent copies to the local elders. Then my former wife and I went to Brooklyn by train to visit them. I refused to leave Bethel until I spoke to someone. They had us wait and wait and then we met with a group of four to speak with me for about 15 minutes. My questions were dismissed as "oh yeah, we know that one." I was counseled from a WatchTower on "humility." The train ride back to Boston will always stand out in my mind as an incredible life experience.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've written to the WBTS a couple of times. Both times it took a very long time to get an answer back, and it was all fluff then.

Recently I've found out that they send a copy of people's letters to the body of elders of the congregation where the person attends.

I'm sure the elders received a copy of my letters, then shared the info among the body of elders, then those elders told their wives who in turn told their best friends, and those friends told their best friends, and so on, and so on.

It's not a surprise to me how I'm treated as 'borderline apostate' by many in there!

DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• johnny cip
    johnny cip
    my limited experience, I have found it more beneficial for all parties involved when I telephone them. It gives me goose bumps remembering the stuttering and blubbering out of the Bethel elder's double-sided mouth as he tries to reconcile the WT crap with God's Word.

honesty has the best approach.. know your topic and call bethel live. better if you know the name of someone at bethel and ask for them. know your topic and grill them. don't be afraid. they are dopes at bethel. put them on the spot. listen to them act like a fish out of water. pressure them till they blow a gasket. in 10 minutes. you will see what they are really about. and you will feel so much better. here's the phone number to bethel 718-560-5000 just remember before you call . don't take no for an answer. you have the upper hand. they are very sneaky at bethel. will not tell you the name of the guy you are speaking with. (big red flag) but will press you for your name and cong. screw writting them a letter , call them . after you get off the phone you will feel like you were at a turkey shoot. and they were the turkey's. happy hunting... john

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    but will press you for your name and cong.

Oh man that is giving me some ideas. There are a couple of elderetts that come to mind. Use their name and ask a bunch of apostate questions. LOL Naaa I am not that evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit