The Burka ....

by El blanko 48 Replies latest jw friends

• rick1199
    rick1199

This will be my last point on this.

In one of his articles he says :

"He is fastidious about his appearance, his home and his possessions. He wants as much sex as possible and chooses sexual partners mostly on the basis of appearance. He is self-absorbed and doesn't want emotional involvement or commitment. He thinks a woman would stifle him and children would be a burden.

Does this sound like many gays? It is also the masculine ideal purveyed by Playboy magazine to men since the 1950's."

Personally I find this insulting and extremly stereotypical. I am gay, am in a monogamous relationship and am very happy. The majority of my friends are either in the same position as me, or would like to be.

True, I know a few people who do sleep around, but they are the minority.

• under74
    under74

Yup, he's a nut job. I love in his "women look to men for leadership" essay he says a man's way to happiness is by having a traditional family. while it may make some happy....it's just not life. Most people never find that out and end up spending the rest of their unhappy lives trying to have that perfect stereotypical family without ever considering that they need to be happy with themselves in the first place.

So, why are you so taken with this guy's writing Blanko? Not a judgement...just want to know.

• logical
    logical

This site appears to me to be for and by idiots who cant handle the fact that they no longer have the power they think they should have by right, when in fact, they have no right to it. Women are their own people with their own feelings and own lives. Why cant these morons just accept that instead of clinging onto some ancient bullshit ignorant doctrine.

Yet more proof that religion is the most evil creation of man.

On this particular article I can see the point, but its better for the woman who can actually live up to her potential, whether it be good or bad, than the woman who is forced to hide all her life and do nothing with it except become a baby making and housework factory.

• luna2
    luna2

I was having trouble getting through that article. I find the burka ideal indefensible. I'm a product of my environment and cannot imagine living that way, even if my husband under such a system was a good man, and many are not. Like CountryWoman said, women are property, so much so that they have to wear a shroud in public. ::shivers::

While I deplore the fact that this society puts so much emphasis on physical beauty and sex, I like that both men and women have the right to make their own choices in how they wish to conduct their lives.

I think one of the reasons I never had an interest in finding a JW husband was because of the headship thing. I didn't want to be forced to do things because my husband told me I must, (with the full backing of the Tower) so that my compliance or not would be tied into "proper" worship. I felt it gave the guys way too much power and control over their wives.

• dh
    dh

To my mind most of that article is a pretty accurate description of how it is.

• kls
    kls

Why is it only women who have to hide themselves and their bodies ,why not men ? Oh ya, they don't have to cause they have a penis.

• under74
    under74

kls-
    With the Tuareg people in Africa only the men cover their faces. The men cover up at the age of 25.....it's kinda sexy on the boy types. What?

http://www.gateway-africa.com/tribe/tuareg_tribe.html

• kls
    kls
    -
    With the Tuareg people in Africa only the men cover their faces. The men cover up at the age of 25.....it's kinda sexy on the boy types. What?

Now that's what i'm talking about

• talesin
    talesin

LOL

In contrast, the bikinied American beauty queen struts practically naked in front of millions on TV. A feminist, she belongs to herself.

Yes, Donald Trump owns the Miss USA pageant ,,, now, there's a role model of a feminist thinker. hahaha The feminist movement has made destruction of the beauty industry one of its primary goals. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. ref. The Beauty Myth, Naomi Wolf

tal

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I think this guy will never understand what it's like to be a woman. Seeing stuff like this hurts me. I am not happy submitting to a man. This guy says I should not be happy unless I am submitting to a man. If he had been born a woman, he might have a different viewpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit