"Serena soaks up the pressure" Fame + JW

by DannyHaszard 48 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

No, I can't see them either, and have IE, usually no problem with pics.

I feel sorry for her. She is (gonna be) so messed-up ....

But, it's a good demonstration how there are different rules for the rich , the famous , the popular , just like in real life.

tal

• loosie
    loosie

Now I feel really smart... not. The JW dress code pics should work now.

• loosie
    loosie

Now I got the pics working, nobody's saying anything.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

OK, I will say something...YIKES! If the WTS powers that be had half a brain, they'd

put her in the centerfold and really bring up the numbers!

AuntieJ, who is actually disgusted by the hypocrisy.

• JW83
    JW83

Hey, Green Day is my favourite band, too! That's about it on the 'having anything in common with Serena' - I definitely didn't get to have a career or wear what I wanted when I was a dub!

• fifi
    fifi

Funny, but it doesn't seem to look like what was considered "suitable attire for christians" when I was a dub. "Sisters" in my congo were couselled to be sure to wear a camisole under their blouse to be sure that no "brothers" could see the marks of their bras through their clothing. And my dad used to make me and my sisters kneel down before leaving the house to make sure that our skirts were long enough. Any skirt which didn't reach the floor while kneeling wasn't long enough and should be worn in NO circumstances.

Fifi

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

All I can say is.... if she still needs to learn how to love herself ....

I thought she was seeing that film producer guy? I don't know his name. Does she really come out and say she is a Witness, or does she just hint around it? I don't know, but I definitely think she, and her family, are a bunch of whack jobs.

• Preston
    Preston

I'm sorry all the attention was given to her appearance....this was actually a very well-written article which I think reveals more about the life of a sports star than that of a someone who just happens to be a JW. The pressure that they have to go through is..tremedous: travel time, playing in the heat, practice, photo shoots, publicity appearances. It may seem luxurious but her statements regarding her favorite band are telling. It's like you dont have time to do anything you like anymore once you've been put in that position. The rest of her life is already spelled out for her.

- Preston

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

oh, yeah, i was grilled for having what was considered a "low cut" blouse and it was nowhere as revealing as those duds. that would be instant loose conduct and marking for a non-celeb JW.

• Chia
    Chia

Itsallgoodnow said:

I thought she was seeing that film producer guy?

Yeah, Brett Ratner, the director of Rush Hour and lots of music videos. That's what I heard, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit