Gentle Guidance

by AuntieJane 21 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I started with WomenAwake on Yahoo groups.

Me, too. Too sad that the board was wrecked. Didn't let that scare me away though.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

What/where is Tishie's board?

• jeanniebeanz
  • Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I just love it when 40 year olds say they are "Old"...Hear that Mouthy?

Are they in for a surprise...

Snoozy..aka..Golden Girl..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Auntie Jane - I stumbled across this forum by accident while searching for something else. I 'lurked' a little while, thinking that the posters here would be a variety of oddballs. However, after reading many posts I began to relate to so much (ever since leaving the Org, I have always felt that I alone harboured certain feelings - how wrong I was!).I have learnt so much.

As you feel your friend isn't ready for this forum yet, maybe you could print off a few postings from here that he will be able to relate to? Many posters have suffered deperssion upon leaving the Org, and perhaps if he reads a few experiences he will realise he's not alone.

Best Wishes. Midwich.

• Es
    Es

Hi auntie Jane....when i first started posting here my immediate reaction was how kind, helpful,reasuring and loving people are here. Its really helped me alot to vent out how i feel. es

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

The nice thing about this board is twofold....one is that alot of times you see similar stories about your own experience in da troof. 2nd you read how much worse the experience was for others.

But you know your friend better than we do. This board will challenge you to think, and to make logical arguments in favor of your views. It really makes one look at what you believe deep down inside. So maybe it will be too much for him, or maybe he will find it refreshing to blow open the doors of his soul and bare all. To have an HONEST conversation with someone, expressing doubts and all can be quite nice!

• vitty
    vitty

When I came here I was completely IN the truth. I came on this site every day, I could just relate to everyone even though most are ex JWs. It had the "ring" of truth for me and there was no going back. I started to research everything. That was over a year, and ive not been to a meeting in a year. Its been very painful, stressful but has worked out well.

This is a very straight forward board but also very friendly and kind I think most ppl would feel at home here, I did straight away.

Direct her to the "best of" section and let her read the information at her own pace.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Im very new, although i left the JW's a couple of years ago, i never looked for ex-JW's on the internet until 3 days ago. Its a whole new world to me and im still a bit dizzy!! I think there is a variety of different people on here with different views, i agree that some are cynical. But im unsure if that is the case or im still coming to terms with my own feelings. However... i know for certain 3 things- 1) im glad i have found the site 2) i still 'think' like a witness and i am struggling to step back and see a bigger picture because of the way i have been trained to think as a witness 3) at some point i have a lot of reading to do.

Im quite a confident person tho, maybe if he is a little less confident he may find it daunting.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Personally, I would only direct to this board those I'm sure have major doubts, or have been personally hurt by the WTS. I think your average curious witness would quickly be scared off by the org-bashing and blatant "unchristian" talk.

But I do send links to individual threads to some I think can benefit from snipets of information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit