Topics for ApostaTract

by TheListener 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

• The founder Russell taught that we should worship Jesus and that all the angels of God worship him (including Michael who was not the Son of God)
    • No other name but CHRISTIANS should describe true Christians, the only name accepted by the Apostles
    • The source of the 1914 date was John Aquila Brown who published it, along with many other errors, 50 years before CT Russell was born
    • The source of all date setting and most of the other doctrines was the Adventists
    • 1914 was a date calculated from the measurements of the main passage in the Great Pyramid (Russels grave has a large pyramid & cricifix on it - photos & directions to visit are on the internet
    • the removal of the Holy Spirit from baptism in 1985 (despite Jesus words that unless we are baptised of water and the spirit we cannot see the kingdom of God)
    • not the original everlasting this good news being preached, but what Paul described as another good news, not that there is another
    • the absence of anything about new light in Proverbs or elsewhere in Bible, & watchtower quotes that new light cannot contradict older light
    • ban on joining army & going to war did not start until second world war, contrary to claims I saw in watchtower books, despite FDS appointed many years earlier. Many other religions have NEVER gone to war etc
    • Cross, Christmas, birthdays & holidays all celebrated long after FDS rewarded with appointment
    • Russell himself alone was the FDS
    • In the 1970s they said only anointed JWs could be on Gov Body
    • vaccinations a direct violation of Gods everlasting covenant
    • 1967 organ transplants were caniballism. 1980 a matter of conscience
    • God lives in the Plough constellation (specifically on the star of Alcyone in the Pleiades) See my Avatar LOL

But my favourite is to do with the emphasis in the NT on Jesus as the only name to be witnesses of, and his resurrection as the reason Christianity exists. Also the emphasis on unconditional Love, including of our enemies, in the New Testament which just is not reflected in watchtower doctrines or teaching.

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

This topic might be a good one to start with, and even include relevant WT quotes that agree:

"Is it OK to question your beliefs?", or "Why it is OK to question your beliefs", or something similar. Many quotes in the WT encouraging others to question their beliefs / religion, that could be used against them.

Brandon

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Another possible opening question, supported by the Bible texy and the damning Watchtower quotes:

If you believe the Bible which clearly states that there is only one mediator between God and men, a man Jesus Christ, who died for all, and he is not your mediator, then who do you think your mediator is? Have you got one?

• M.J.
    M.J.

brci.org will send you any of the following tracts when you call their hotline:

Anyone calling our toll-free HelpLine may request a packet of information of interest to persons with questions about Watchtower teachings and practices, including subjects such as ?Declared Righteous Or Not??, ?The Faithful and Discreet Slave and Jehovah's Witnesses?, ?The Prophecy of ?Peace and Security??, ?Do You Have a Mediator??, ?Baptized into the Organization?? and ?Does God Work Through An Organization?? This information will be sent to you postpaid for a suggested contribution of $3.00 to help cover postage and copying costs.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

You're welcome to use anything from my site www.jwinfo.50megs.com

• rebel8
    rebel8

WHAT is wrong with this site lately. The correct link for the last post, which will not edit or delete, is www.jwinfo.50megs.com

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thanks everyone. M.J. I will check out and order the BRCI tracts. Perhaps they have what we need already. If that's the case we just need to let everyone here know about them.

I'm putting this on hold until I receive the BRCI tracts.

I've read tracts from various other religious organizations about JWs but have found that they seem to be written by non-jws and therefore miss the mark a little bit. Oftentimes they also are designed to get you into their specific church; which is not what a dub will want to hear.

I will order the BRCI tracts today.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Also it might be a good idea to find out what these guys put out, and the way they go about doing it:

http://www.macgregorministries.org/do_you_know.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit