I keep writing really dark songs

by Dustin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

I've always been really into writing song lyrics. Ever since I quit the Jehovah's Witness religion 2 years ago I've been letting out 25 years worth of rage. It goes in streaks, I feel content sometimes about where I am in life with having no faith in God, then other times it makes me so angry about all the wasted time and oppurtunities. To make it worse no one in my family or friends seems to understand where all of this comes from. I guess I just really have a lot of pent up rage towards the things I was brainwashed into doing, when I shouldn't have had to feel all this guilt about just wanting to be me. I have all these dreams that I wish I could have tried to make reality. I just have a hard time moving towards new dreams. Anyways, I just wrote another set of lyrics. Give me some analysis.

Fallen dreams of yesterday

Those for which I used to pray

That which I will never have

A false God to whom I prayed

Helped to crush my hope away

Close your fist and come with me

The real truths will set you free

Walk along the broken path

Don?t beg forgiveness

Just turn your back

Where were you when I was broken?

My faith was only a deception

Control my mind with your lies

Narrow minded are your ways

I will not be your slave

Close your fist and come with me

The real truths will set you free

Don?t beg forgiveness

Just turn your back

Crush your creation beneath your lies

Forever broken we will be

Your power I question to set us free

A broken God is what you are

I will not serve you anymore

My hope is gone

I hope you?re happy

My lack of faith is your creation

I regret my dedication

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Do you still half assed believe in the Bible God Dustin? Maybe that's why you're so pissed.

GBL

• Dustin
    Dustin

I think in a way I do. It's hard for me to completely abandon the hopes of living forever on the paradise. When that's what you always knew, and believed in it's hard to let go. But I realize it was all lies, yet I want to believe. It's just confusing sometimes.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Dustin...I think it is a good thing that you can vent some of your rage into your lyrics and song-writing. Those were very powerful lyrics. I know that a lot of Tristans (& Austins) song writing comes from the injuries they suffered as a result of being raised JW. It is a form of therapy of sorts. Keep up the writing...someday you're lyrics will be less dark and start reflecting new dreams and happiness for being FREE! Damn....you're a good writer!

A whole lotta love ...Cathy L.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I know how you feel dude. Writing that shit out is a good outlet. I feel a stronger sense of immediacy with every passing day now though personally.. things are getting better and the dust has almost entirely settled down.

Damn cult induced spirtual hangovers, hey?

GBL

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

May your light grow brighter still ...

{groan}

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

im feelin ya.....dustin

strikes me there are a lot of really good songwriters on this forum

maybe we should all do a gig somewhere

jw aid......for victims of inept elders

• desbah
    desbah

sounds like a good title for your tune....all u need now is a muse...keep searching

• xjwms
    xjwms

Dustin:

WOW, ... In my area of Wisconsin I knew a young man in our cong, .. About Your Age, .. who had been doing the same exact thing that you are doing now. He stopped going about the year 2000

I would read many of his song lyrics, filled with anger and hatred for everthing he once believed as spritual.

I have lost contact with him, for some time now. When I saw your pic with the plaid jacket I was shocked how much like him you look.

Dustin, I wish you well. I hope you get all the anger out.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I just want to add

For me, it is the watchtower corporation, that is to blame, and, their rules that are not even in the bible.

It is also the hard core elder body, the company men, who make life in the cong, as bad as it gets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit