The saddest song you've ever heard

by littlerockguy 133 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    Oh yeah I forgot " Bohemiem Raphsody " ( did I slaughter that spelling) by Queen. Freddie had the best voice ever

How about "Who want's to live forever", "Love kills" And "The show must go on" the last one is just sad 'cus he knew he was gonna die soon when he was singin it. .

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Last Kiss -Pearl Jam Where, oh where, can my baby be? the lord took her away from
    Me. she?s gone to heaven, so I?ve got to be good. so I can see my baby when i
    Leave this world.

We were out on a date in my daddy?s car. we hadn?t driven very far. there in
    The road, straight ahead. a car was stalled, the engine was dead.

I couldn?t stop, so I swerved to the right. I?ll never forget the sound that
    Night. the screamin tires, the bustin glass. the painful scream that I heard
    Last.

Oh where, oh where, can my baby be? the lord took her away from me. she?s gone
    To heaven, so I?ve got to be good. so I can see my baby when I leave this world.

When I woke up the rain was pourin down. there were people standin all around.
    Something warm flowing through my eyes. but somehow I found my baby that night.
    I lifted her head, she looked at me and said. hold me darling, just a little
    While. I held her close, I kissed her our last kiss. I found the love that i
    Knew I had missed.

Well now she?s gone. even though I hold her tight. I lost my love, my life,
    That night.

Oh where, oh where, can my baby be? the lord took her away from me. she?s gone
    To heaven, so I?ve got to be good. so I can see my baby when I leave this
    World.

Dismembered

"Gimme back my hat, ya punk"

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Another one that gets me is

I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues by Elton John

Does anybody know where I can get that video?

• avishai
    avishai

Hank williams, So lonesome i could cry,

Hank as luke the drifter, "Be careful",

Hell, just about anything by ol' Hank. His Grandson, Hank III is pretty good too, looks and sounds just like him.

Hank III alt

Hank sr. Scary, huh?

• Swan
    Swan

You Are My Sunshine

My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean

My mother used to sing these to me as a child and I have never forgotten her. Hopefully she hasn't forgotten me. I miss her so much!

Tammy

• avishai
    avishai
    You Are My Sunshine

Yeah, I used to think this was a hppy song, until I heard the whole thing, not just the chorus. It's a tearjerker. Same with good night Irene and Clementine, all three of which my mom used to sing me to sleep with. Weird

• lilbit
    lilbit

Concrete Angel- Gods Will- Independance Day, all by Martina Mcbride lord that womans good at making me cry

I dont know who sings it but "they didnt even know my name" makes me bawl.

Who will hold her hand when she crosses the street in heaven kills me too.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

When I was little my foster-sister would sing a song to me that always made me cry...not sure of the name...I think it was Nobody's Child...and years later I heard it sung by Roy Orbison I think...

other sad songs for me...Under the Bridge----Red Hot Chili Peppers

Love Hurts----Nazareth

Jesus Don't Want Me for a Sunbeam

& Pennyroyal Tea----Nirvana

Comfortably Numb----Pink Floyd

Running to Stand Still----U2

The Unforgiven----Metallica

To One In Paradise----Alan Parsons Project

Seasons of Wither----Aerosmith

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

What is the song by Pink Floyd where he says,

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you

No one told you where to run,

You missed the starting gun."

That's one of the saddest things I ever heard.

Oh and the Doors "The End"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Avishai.....omg!!

How about "Who want's to live forever", "Love kills" And "The show must go on" the last one is just sad 'cus he knew he was gonna die soon when he was singin it. .

You are so right. I love that song in the Highlander movie when Heather dies..that was her name right? Man, I love Freddie Mercury.

Thanks Bem for what you said......sometimes I just write what is exactly on my mind, hoping it doesnt offend anyone....lol.

I love Pearl Jam's version of Last Kiss,,,,,,,,excellent, talk about some drums in that !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit