Hi....

by toys4us 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thank you very, very much for sharing your story with us Rose.

I can hardly see the keyboard for the tears.

You could never have bored us with your story.

I admire you for the way you have managed to get through all the crap that has been dealt to you.

I know you will find much love and help here. please stick around.

Chris

• Netty
    Netty

Wow, Rose what a great story. I sure did not get bored, I read all the way through to the very end. Congratulations, not only on your college degree, but on all that you have overcome, good for you! I am glad you wrote, and that you are no longer lurking. Welcome, and I know you will find support here. Nice to meet you.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Rose~

Thank you for sharing your painful yet inspiring story with us.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

~Merry

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Rose, welcome to the forum, I agree with Wunderlust, past that I am at a loss for words.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome, toys!

It sounds like we have some things in common. I?m in my ahem, late 30s. My mother converted to borgism when I was a young child. I work in a hospital. I remember not getting enough sleep and even telling my school counselor that. I too was not allowed to go to college.

Your story about the underground births is very interesting. Have you visited www.ajwrb.org? They may be interested in posting your story on their site. I?ve had my own struggles with the blood issue (long story). My mother purposely dodged mainstream medical care for me in order to avoid the blood issue from arising, putting my life in danger many times. People just do not realize that goes on.

How long have you been free?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Rose, a big welcome to you. Wow your one amazing woman to come out of that religion, with a load of kids, educate yourself and still have your sanity.

Your story brought many memories and feelings back that I too have lived, the guilt you feel, you feel like the one losing your mind.

I too am basically a jw orphan my side of the family is still in, but by husband and his family are out. My father-in-law just told my husband the other day, that he loves me like his own daughter, which was great to hear, but my husband's response to him which was funny "Oh great, Dad I've married my Sister".

Anyway, yes it is great to come out of the jw religion albeit with a few scars, but coming out you find true friends. We've been out for 10 years now, and the friends we have acquired over these years have been awesome. True friends without conditions.

cj

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Welcome to the board Rose

I read you're post with great interest and all the issues and anxieties you went through. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• toys4us
    toys4us

To:

Everyone: Thank you all for the extremely warm welcome. Thank you all for your support. I feel so welcome!

Jez...I'm in Kelowna (Westbank) where are you?

Rebel8...I've been officially out 3 years...4 in September (has it really been that long)? I'm going to look into that website that you linked me to. Thank you for that.

Chris...the poet...have you ever heard of David Bouchard?

Rose

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit