Best Service Meeting Item - ever !

by BluesBrother 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Listeners thread about Service Meetings got me to think, OK , so what was the Best Service Meeting Item you ever heard? , I am serious.

We all know and remember the bad ones, but with all our collective years of seat warming on a Thurs/Fri night, there must have been some good ones.

I nominate the item a few years ago on the dangers of the Internet. It made it sound so exciting that I went off down the Public Library to find out how to use this new invention - the rest is history ....

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol Blues Brother.

Hubby gave that talk at the service meeting. Then he went home and got on the internet.

Like you said.....the rest is history!

edited to add, the one in 2001

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ironically, I gave that item too.
    I think I was the only one with Internet access, at the time.
    I could almost hear the tutting and clucking, as I extolled it's virtues - LOL.

• blondie
    blondie

That made us get the online; for good reasons only of course.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Me too giving the talk! And guess what? i warned the brothers of not going to sites starting "xjw.." and now i'm a tech admin of xzj-infolink.de

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I seem to recall the one about the whole "donation" system coming into effect. I was kinda confused at how they were going to pay for the manufacturing of all their books, but I also thought, "Hey, free stuff!"

• xjwms
    xjwms

I was not comfortable getting on line, .. to this kind of site the first time.

It was like the first time I had sex, ... man I tell ya I was scared, ... I mean really scared. I was alone.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

How about this week? Check this out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90926/1.ashx

• benito
    benito

I dont´t think this was the best part but I´m sure it was the one that everybody paid attention.

The elder was talking about the congregation's needs. In our KH, the men's toilet had always the floor completey wet, and not because of the water. That's why the elders decided to give a talk related to this topic. For nearly 15 minutes, the elder explained to the brothers how we should use the toilet and the WC, and he ended with this inspired admonition, while he pointed at the congregation with his finger: Brothers, you have to hit into the hole!

It was the part that everybody talked about for months (and the toilet's floor remained wet).

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the one that i can remember that was a fun one for me, was a KM part that i gave on the differences between false religion and true religion. i did a taste test right on the platform between a can of real Coke, and a no name brand. the whole point being "you can't beat the real thing". i remember looking out into the audience, and seeing all the shocked (but many laughing too) faces. especially the kids and teenagers getting the hugest kick out of it. of course the moral was Coke=Truth, No-name=babylon. after the meeting, i had a couple of extra cans of pop in the coat room, and i was handing them out to all the kids (who were all like my best buds now). and teenagers coming up to me thanking me for making the part interesting. ...then... the evil conservative elders pulled me into the back and roasted me on a spit. of course i recanted. but i remeber being so proud that the kids actually paid attention to my part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit