I need to vent

by swiftbreeze 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

sb,

That could really get to you. Siblings, so much history, and all the baggage that goes with it. And, let's hope, with a bond that won't be broken by the JW.

It sounds like she is very afraid. So afraid, she can't take too much truth about the lie. Perhaps doubt is already knocking at her door, deep inside.

I agree w/ Bebu.

t

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Do we have the same sister? I too, have a sister that has studied for years and goes to meetings yet has never gotten baptized. But I have to watch what I say around her, because she is easily offended, as if she has been a baptized witness for years. Kind of irritates me...makes me want to say: hey, either poop or get off the pot, if you believe in it so much!!!

The last I said that offended her was when I told her about buying a Tazamania Devil tie for my husband a few years ago. She said she thought cartoon ties were inappropriate (my husband never has gone to a meeting...this was for a job interview..and yes, while that MAY sound unprofessional, he was interviewing with a manager I knew very well, and knew the guy would get a kick out of it.) I told her that I had known several brothers that had bugs bunny ties, and our brother even had a nice Garfiled tie. He was only a teenager. WELL, did I get a lecture about how inappropriate THAT was. And she would NEVER allow her son, who is under 11 for goodness sakes, where such a tie to the hall.

So silly...I don't have conversations with her about doctrine though. I stopped doing that with her and my mom a while ago. It just isn't worth the heartache it causes them, nor the heated discussions....sorry your sister and you got into it. It is tough. We want them to see the WTS for what it really is..or ISN"T but at the same time, are afraid what it will do to them. I think it would utterly destroy my mother. It is what she clings too. At this point in her life, I am not about to rock that boat any more than I have too.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Don't worry Swiftbreeze. I find it's an unwritten rule that only JW are allowed beliefs. They are permitted to attack anyone else's lifestyle and beliefs, but we have to tread on eggshells so as not to offend THEIR beliefs.

You vent all you like!!!

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

Eyebrow:

My sister is such a phony now that i think about it..at least i got babtized and tried to live a life that i thought was right..but this chick has done everything under the sun and continues to do so..then goes to a couple of meetings and think she has ground to encourage me.

Cuckoo: thats a good point..

• fairchild
    fairchild

Swiftbreeze, my sister is a very dedicated JW. Although we have lost touch over the years (we live on different continents), I often wonder about what I would tell her should we ever meet again and she'd ask me why I stopped attending the meetings. I understand that you worry about the fact that you might have damaged your relationship with your sister, but truth is, you don't know. There is also a chance that you have given her food for thought. Who says that she won't call you a week, a month from now, and thank you for planting the seed of real truth in her mind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit