Does God speak directly to GB today?

by Bambie 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bambie
    Bambie

It's been 15 years since I was DF'd, but I seem to recall as a jw that the belief was that the only human after Adam that Jehovah spoke directly to was Jesus.

My question has to do with what the org. teaches regarding modern day communication with Jehovah. It was my understand when I was a jw, that the GB does not say that Jehovah speaks directly to them. Rather that Jehovah "inspires" them and that they are being used as the "faithful and discreet slave" to feed the masses of "the great crowd."

Has their teaching on this changed in the last 15 years? Do they now claim that Jehovah speaks to them directly?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Actually, Jehovah speaks to them, but the GB are so old, deaf and senile, they can't hear him!

To seriously answer your question, nothing's changed in this regard after 15 years. They're still inspired to make shit up.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Always remember, that if you speak to God it is praying.

If God speaks to you it is schizophrenia.

If God "inspires them" why do they demand a two thirds majority when they vote on changes or additions to teachings?

This tells us that they often disagree with each other on these issues.

Does God inspire some to vote yes and some to vote no?

The governing body make many idiotic claims about themselves and God and the organization.

Outoftheorg

• carla
    carla

I have brought up the issue of the 2/3's vote too! I guess active jw's do not know about this. Husband says, ' we don't know that they vote'. Or he comes up some other subject or starts in about how we don't really know how God relays the info, etc.. carla

• hmike
    hmike
    If God "inspires them" why do they demand a two thirds majority when they vote on changes or additions to teachings?

That's interesting. What is magic about the 2/3 figure? If 2/3 agree, then Jehovah has clearly communicated his position? How is the dissenting minority treated? Are they questioned by the majority, "What's wrong with your life? How come you didn't hear?"

• Mary
    Mary

Are you kidding? The only "spirit" that talks to the senile old goats in Brooklyn is a 40 oz. of whiskey.........

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The official line is no.

The Watch Tower Society does not claim to be inspired of God and therefore has a get out clause when prophecies fail or they have a complete change stance on a moral issue, e.g. refusal to community service instead of conscriptio into the army, once was a total sin - now is a matter of conscience.

On the other hand, it is difficult how they can justify such ambigous teachings such as 144,00 go to heaven/Great Crowd on earth and the blood issue with claiming to have very precise divine direction.

Eyeslice

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Does God speak directly to GB today?

No, not since 1974 actually. I think He's being a bit childish though.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The official line actually is that Jah talks to Jesus who talks to angels who somehow interact with the mind of the GB sometimes using subtle signs such as falling averages and poor meeting attendance. The signs can be vague however leading the GB to give in to fleshly thinking resulting in a on-again off-again inspiration and results.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The evidence indicates that the answer is NO, NO, NEVER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit