Star Wars Question.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm not a fan. I have seen the first one, many yonks ago. I believe there were another couple made sometime around the late 70's. Now there's all these new titles. Are these old movies that have been kept on the shelf? Or are they new movies all together?

I just need upgrading a little, please.

Ta.

Englishman.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Um, what rock have you been living under?

LOL - just kidding

• Englishman
    Englishman

No rock, ha ha!

I just sort of switch off whenever Star wars is mentioned. Just like I do when Maria Carey turns up on the telly. Or Eastenders.

It's a bit like sitting at the Watchtower study. So much blah blah blah that one just turns off.

Englishman.

• logical
    logical

There are 3 old ones, A New Hope (77), Empire Strikes Back (80) and Return of the Jedi (83)

And there are 3 new ones set before the 3 old ones: Phantom Menace (99), Attack of the Clones (02) and Revenge of the Sith (05)

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hey Limeyman,

Well here is the chronology. I had to explain this to my son, since the idea that the first trilogy is predated by the second trilogy simply ground his 9yr old mind to a halt.

Think of it like a book with six chapters. The first trilogy was the last three chapters (kind of a cheap space age rip off of The Lord of the Rings)

IV A New Hope

V The Empire Strikes Back

VI The Return of the Jedi

Now the trilogy being shown and made recently is the first three chapters.

I The Phantom Menace

II The Clone Wars

III The Revenge of the Sith

Hope that clears it up for you.

By the by (I heard a limey use that phrase once. Yanks say "by the way")

Was Star Wars as big of a deal in England as it was here? I was 6 when I saw the first one. It was absolutely the coolest thing anyone had ever seen.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah!

Enlightenment dawns. By Jove, I think I've got it!

Englishman.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Jolly good and spot on "guvna"

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I suggest if you've waited this long to simply wait until next year and buy the whole boxed set and call it done.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

If you go to WWW.Starwars.com, you will find a lot of information on all 6 movies, and beyond.

• talesin
    talesin

Normally, I would agree with Evil. The high drama and FX in this movie are going to be spectacular, though, and I think worth seeing at the cinema. My friend & I are gonna homeview the last 2, which to my mind were merely a lead-in to the finale, then go watch the new one on the big screen. :) Can't wait!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit