Cyclists?

by Banshee 23 Replies latest social physical

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

DHL...

I'm no Lance trust me. LOL. However I have found cycling and surfing to be great ways of seeing various countries. I'm not a sit by the pool kind of guy. I like to have physical activity to do most days on vacation. I'm a type A personality and I cannot relax just laying on a beach day after day. I go crazy. But I completely unwind, and destress when I'm pedaling along seeing some incredible views of a place, or riding thru a small town in the middle of Argentina or what not.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I used to cycle a lot before I hurt my back, 100 miles a week regularly at one time. Now I am saving my pennies for one of these http://www.m5-ligfietsen.nl/main.php?sNewPage=26/26_26/20_low_bar.

• Banshee
    Banshee

Thanks to everyone for all of your replies!It's really wonderful to know that there are others who are enjoying this sport as much as I am! There was some really positive input here and I appreciate it.

bikerchic: Now your screenname finally makes sense to me!Before, I thought maybe you were a tough, Harley biker gal!Sounds like you were really into the cycling for quite a while. Don't be down....I am trying to get my butt back into shape right now, too...ergo, the bicycling (and some other physical activities). I just keep telling myself, "You didn't get out of shape overnight so it's gonna take time to get back in shape." Yes, you are right....it really helps to have a partner to help me on the days I'm having a hard time getting going.

Princess: Wow! You and your husband sound like a couple of serious athletes! <<bows and chants, "I'm not worthy.">> The women at the KH were probably all super-jealous of your athletic physique! Am I right? I remember the women in my old hall were nasty to me for being young & attractive. Isn't it cool that we have more time now to pursue these fun sports & hobbies?

purplesofa: Sounds like you are doing it the smart way....just gradually work up to your goal. That's what I am doing, too. Just persistence and gradually increasing the mileage.

Mutz: Sorry to hear about your back injury. I could not link to the site you posted but I hope you can find a safe way to get your exercise now.

If I missed some people, I apologize. I am somewhat technically challenged & could not see the first page of posts while writing my reply. However, I thank everybody who responded to this topic. It is great to hear so much positive feedback from others about cycling. Kind of makes me even more revved about getting on the bicycle each day!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Only cost me 350$ and has full suspension, Shimano shifters and Bontereger wheels.

The brand name is HKS FXT Trail. Buy one. You will not regret it, unless you're an uber-serious cyclist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit