Cyclists?

by Banshee 23 Replies latest social physical

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hubby and I do a lot while we're camping. We have a Provincial Park here that we do the mountain biking. Some of the hills are gruesome but once you do the trail a couple of times, and get the bike legs back into shape, we conquer them. This weekend will be our first weekend out, I plan on doing the 18 km trail around the lake.

cj

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Satanus,

I like to cycle along the river to a park that juts out into the water. I often do that in the evening and watch the sunset over the river.

wonders if you live in my area..........

I started last year and love it. I also have a friend that I have riden with that is handicapped. He can beat me hands down. I am riding everyday now that the weather is nicer.

I fell off my bike avoiding a car in the fall , and got two partial tears in my rotator cuff, so could not ride over the winter. It seems to have healed ok and I am back to riding.

It is a nice freedom and easy on the joints.

I am loving it,

purps

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I'm big into mountain biking. Even going to different gatherings and hosting one. I recently converted an old mountain bike into a road bike and I'm now starting to do some 50 mile rides to help with my endurance. I'm even a member of a mountain biking forum. www.mtbr.com I also have my own webpage about mountain biking. http://singletrack.wirefire.com/

You just can't beat being out in nature away from everyday life. No matter if your riding, hiking, or whatever mean you decide on.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I do a lot of biking myself and it is good for these aging bones. Love my Trek! Some day I'd like to get a recumbant.

Satanus and Purplesofa........same area? Could it be in HappyDad's area?

I like to cycle along the river to a park that juts out into the water. I often do that in the evening and watch the sunset over the river.

wonders if you live in my area..........

http://www.youghrivertrail.com/

HappyDad

• Princess
    Princess

I love cycling!

This year I've backed way off my cycling while my husband trains for a double century ride in July followed by a 154 mile, two mountain pass ride at the end of July. We usually ride the double century ride together over two days but this year he is riding it in one day. With two kids under 9, we both can't train adequately for an event of this size, so this is his year. Last year I trained for and ran two marathons so he's earned the extra training time!

I've been planning on getting on my bike for several weeks but have been kept off due to school field trips, half days and rain. I plan on riding a 28 mile trail at least once a week to train for a triathlon in August. I swim laps once a week and run four days a week. I can't wait to get on my bike.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I love cycling too! I will be doing my 2nd Century ride (100 miles) around Lake Tahoe in June with Team in Training. I'm actually a former runner, but have really just gotten into biking the last couple of years. It's a great recreational sport and good to your body, meaning fewer injuries then most other sports.

Enjoy!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Purps & Happydad

Haha, there are a few rivers in north america. I live next to the mighty st lawerence river. Granted, it's only a hovel under a bridge, but hey, at least i'm by the river, and i get to see the sun set

S

• Huxley
    Huxley

I'll be riding a 1947 Schwinn this summer! 2 speeds, so hills are out...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Granted, it's only a hovel under a bridge, but hey, at least i'm by the river, and i get to see the sun set

I am sure it is beautiful. There is just something about being close to water that is so calming and peaceful, yet so alive. You can drift away in all its shimmering, glittering, rolling, mystery.

I ride along the Arkansas River in N Little Rock......Pres Clinton has been very busy making things happen here. I have a bike rack for my car and will hardly ride competing with cars. It is a beautiful trail that someday will go to Pinnacle Mountain, being a 30mile trail.

Some of my docs I work for are avid cyclists.....Travelling to do so. A few even race. So anyway, my goal is to go a 50 mile one with one of the docs.........I am working towards it....It is a bit rough..but I want to do it. I worked up to 15 miles in a relatively short time and then injured my shoulder.

Ok, going on and on.......

have fun

purps

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Woohoo Hecklerboy you have a PM!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit